4 posts in this topic

Fished this Little Is pier and Back Bay this past Sat. Pier in the a.m. and Back Bay the afternoon til dark then back to the pier for a couple of hours Sat eve. Conditions were excellent. No luck for myself, but did see at least 8 pups caught off the pier up close to the beach. Talked to a couple of guys leaving Back Bay at 3pm. No reds but two small black drum from the surf.

Posted last week on the <acronym title="North Carolina">NC</acronym> page:

Took a detour driving home to VB from <acronym title="North Carolina">NC</acronym> Monday night. Thought I would try to drive on the beach and fish the surf for a couple of hours. Stopped by the Nags Head pier to check out the action. As I got to the end of the pier there was a young lady fighting a monster bull drum, 47". Five minutes later another 45" was C&R'd. 8 citations were landed that evening between 6-10 pm. SE wind and the surf was heavy. Most were caught off a bar at about 11 o'clock off the pier and only the longest heavers could reach, but the largest (50") was landed with a 7' rod & spinner close to the pier by a guy wearing cammo house slippers! lol! Of course, I made a bee line to my truck for my gear and fished from 8-10pm. No hook ups, but it was quite a night. I'll be heading back soon. Gonna get me some of those cammo house slippers too...

Here's a pic of a 45"er, best I could do with my cell phone at night.

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=1375

Hey Jack, That was me and Andrew K that were talking to you at Back Bay.

We hit the beach at @ 6:30 am Saturday and the water was up in the dunes ! We actually had to set the pier cart in the dunes out of the water! High tide was about 7:30 am and after that it went out fast and far. Waves were pounding the beach early with heavy winds we figured it was going to be a good morning for Drum. 8 oz barely held bottom but we had no runs all day long. 5 rods out all day some in close and some as far as we could throw. We gave it another shot. Still payin dues. It was good to meet you. Good luck next time out !

hold on matt, we did have one run..................................................................................when a pelican flew into my line.... :crybaby2:

Hey Matt, I thought that may be the Bulldawg. Glad to meet you and Andrew. Hey, I'll take a pelican run about right now... lol. Hopefully our dues will be paid up soon... I think next time out is gonna be the one!