30 posts in this topic

The larger fish should be showing up anytime in the surf. Blues, Flounder and Stripers are still being caught in the suds. Feel free to post your reports here.

Good Luck

Fished the south end of 3R's today from noon till about five. Perfect 70 degree temps, nice bright sun and the ocean was nice and calm with slow 2 footers rolling in. To bad I didnt catch any fish, nor did I see anyone else catch anything:dontknow: Still a great day on the sand.

The water's all stirred up from the storms and the tides are up higher than normal from the upcoming new moon. BIG stripers have shown up in the Delaware Bay so there are fish on the move. If you're not even catching dogfish:confused:, we've probably got a few weeks until some decent beach action.

Thanks for the reports. I am stuck at work and living through all of your reports, so keep the coming.

Best of luck everyone.

Gone to try to head down this weekend if the weather holds up! I haven't done much surf fishing this time of the year so I am really looking forward to it.Had a great summer fishing with the help of some great tips and tricks picked up from this site! Thanks!!!

I will be looking to cast net for some mullet! Any hot spots now?

Played hooky from work got to 3R's about 2:30pm today. Surf was very calm but no bites all day, left around 6:50pm. Seemed to be quite a few trucks up there but didn't see anyone bring in anything. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I think Flatfish called it, the nor'easter had a bad effect. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon. On a brighter note, I went trolling with a friend of mine on the choptank today and we mangeled the stripers, Caught a dozen in the 26 to 30" range in about 2 hours.:icon_pidu:

Sorry to here about fishing time has been cut off Finaddict. Maybe I will take a couple of days next week to give you an update.

Sorry for the late post, Friday afternoon from 3pm - 6pm the big blues were running the beach at Conquest chasing what I was told bunker. Managed to bring in a couple at 31" and 32".

Good deal Bill, The thought of a 30" blue makes me want to head out right now. I'm gonna head out again on Tues. or wens. With any luck I'll have something decent to report.

Sorry to here about fishing time has been cut off Finaddict. Maybe I will take a couple of days next week to give you an update.

I call shotgun.:eusa_dance:

Your right Andy, that is just wrong.:BangHead:

Sorry for the late post, Friday afternoon from 3pm - 6pm the big blues were running the beach at Conquest chasing what I was told bunker. Managed to bring in a couple at 31" and 32".

Very nice!!

My Buddy and I were on the beach at 3R's on Friday about 8:00 A.M. to take advantage of incoming.

The wind was 3 knots E to SE all day.

As for action, a guy down the beach caught a short Striper and that was IT!

At 4:00 all hell broke loose and the Slammers arrived.

Pandamonium till around 5:30 or so with the fish in the 10 to 12 # range.

Worth the wait and definitely an expirence.

On Saturday however, it was a complete 180 as the West winds at 30 plus knots put a halt on surf fishing.

Wow! Sounds like a great time and well worth the wait. What was the bait and did you get a chance to throw any metal at them?

Wow! Sounds like a great time and well worth the wait. What was the bait and did you get a chance to throw any metal at them?

We fished bait and it was a mix of Finger Mullet, Bunker and some frozen Bluefish from previous trips.

In one case, a Slammer BIT OFF a 6/0 Stainless Wide Gap hook.

Memorable!!

Fished Sunday from 9 to 5 Stan caught 5 or so shorts to about 26 skunk for me. The NE storms have added quite a bit of structure to the beach. Hopefully it stays for a while.

Ummm, what beach?

If i had to guess I would say 3R's, or at least one of the Delaware state park beaches.

Thats what I was wondering, I fish 3R's a good bit and its hard for me to imagine any structure there the way it drops off. Havent fished north of the inlet to much, but if that where hes speaking of I'd like to give it a try.

There is definately some structure at 3r's.....cuts in the wash and variations in the depths which can hold fish. Theres not structure such as rocks etc....but if you look at low tide you can see some variations in the outsucks and the waves...indicating troughs and channels....a couple that i am particularly fond of......:icon_thumright:

Trimlc is right on the mark. Most of the beaches from 3r's up to Dewey are cut about the same with troughs being cut w/ the outgoing tide. The late night high tide leaves a nice lake on the beaches throughout the day. As the tide goes out these large puddles slowly find there way back to the ocean. That is where you want to fish. I was using larger than normal frozen mullet 4" - 6" last Friday when the slammers came. I was told they were chasing bunker. From 3pm on til 6pm the bunker and birds were just running up and down the beach non stop.

I started out this afternoon at Herring Point. I fished for about an hour w/o even a touch by a dawgie:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

The water was a little brown so I packed up and headed south in search of cleaner water.

I hit a couple of the DSSP beaches untill I found what I was looking for, a nice break in the overwash area that was funneling the waves back into the sea. You could see the foam being sucked out. I casted a few heads and some chunks around the perimeter and sat back and waited.

After only a few hours:fucyc:, I got my one and only bite of the day, a 32" striper on a head. The striper looked pale, was very skinny and put up a weak fight. This is my first fall trip ever where I did not catch a single dawgie or skate.

DSCN0671res.jpg.80bd3054dc54cd6356f51673

Hey Flatfish, (and others [ I read this forum every day, and have for a while, {although I do not post very often }]). That's not a bad fish. I caught one just like it last November. I have my spot on the Delaware beach. Not 3 r's, but a very special place that is two miles from my house. Sometimes I catch fish, when everyone else is, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I do when noone else is... (not that I would say)...

My location on the beach is not always good, but a 32 inch striper is a good night, (for me,{ even if it is skinny)}.

I hope I hit a run of (SLAMMERS) big blues.

I hit one last year.

Yum.

It is almost November.That is when I got them last year. I love this November.