13 posts in this topic

Fished "The Point" on the outer banks sunday and monday. About 600+ trucks on the beach! That was a sight. I saw one cobia caught by Ted and weighing in at 58 lbs. I saw several butterfly rays, small sharks, blues up to 10 pounds, and DRUM. The drum bit good on the point on sunday night. I got my first one but no one would help me measure it since they were busy fishing. It was estimated between 38-43". Some of the long casters could reach the fish good and kept hooking up. I left at 10:30 and when I returned I asked Tres how many he got nad he replied " I stopped counting at 10, I had one on every bait except the last." Anyways, good trip. might go down in 2 weeks again.

WOW 600 TRUCKS??? im sure that was crowded...ive never had the chance to fish that area but i was looking into sometime going down when the drum are running!

Bummer, gotta' register to see it.

Oh well, guess one crowd looks like another...

Does it look like it did during the Drum run?

Ooops - sorry bout that. Here it is.

13218red_drum_012_770.jpg.5c7f453fc500d5

Whooa, WTF :?: too many axxholes & elbows for me :shock:

glad to here you got into the fish :mrgreen: good job :!:

That is definately a crazy picture. Glad you got into them, Matt. :-)

I would never fish like that.

That's a CROWD!

What pier is it?

Must'a been a couple months ago, folks have jackets on.

Steve - don't know any details. Just a pic I stumbled upon in the P&S gallery. I'm sure it was referenced in a post somewhere, but haven't found that to know the story behind it.

Personally - I HATE crowds of any size. Some of the pics I've seen of the OBX scene are off the charts.... I don't like fishing alone but even more - I don't like crowds - just want to fish with a few friends and relax - not try elbow my way in for a few square inches of water.....

There has got to be somewhere in OBX that isn't crowded....

Doesn't there????

I wouldn't mind driving 15-20 miles of beach to get in the clear.

It is only that crowded in the picture because there is no where elso for them to go. It was a lot less packed on the beach. Rods were spread out and everything.

I am willing to bet that that is Little Island Pier (sandbridge) just south of VA Beach last fall. They had an outstanding Fall for drum. I don't think I want to fish there, they close at like 10 p.m. or something like that.