33 posts in this topic

Getting closer to striper season. Hopefully we some early arrivals on the beachfront. Still plenty of snapper blues in the surf to keep you busy.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Hit the beach day today...nothing but baby doggies. Great day to be on the beach...just wish I had better luck.

Hey, Scott what did the water and surf look like after that nor easter we had.

Flattened it out but still a nice wide trough, at least on the upper end of the island. Didn't go more then 2 miles down.

cool thanks for the feed back coop I'm heading down to A.I. this weekend are you going to try to wet a line this weekend not sure what day yet tho .

we went out to route 50 last night and we caught 2 little rock but had numerous hits... goin back out tomorrow

cool thanks for the feed back coop I'm heading down to A.I. this weekend are you going to try to wet a line this weekend not sure what day yet tho .

Chip can't fish on the weekends can only do weekdays...hangin out with the wife and kids on the weekends...Good luck, stripers should be here soon.

Did go out today...small doggies and skates.

waiting for the fish in the striped suits...

Nothing but doggies the last two days, but saw this unusual beach buggy.

By the way, how do I create my own photo gallery? I went to the instructions link, but there was nothing there. (kind of like my fishing trips lately):icon_scratch:

5852a58478c83_102209assateague.jpg.a1865

Lee, go up top and click on My Account. If you have further questions, please start a new thread seeking help.

Caught this keeper at <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym> 10/23 outgoing tide, bunker head. 411/2". Sweet!

1 Pup red on Saturday, Skunkaroo today.

102309.jpg.8ff1553cf660e0a6d257b41553792

Nice catch rufus! Wished we'd of had a day like that.

Well finally made it down after a couple of weeks of waiting because of the weather. Depsite to forecast, fishingirlpa and I decided to hit the suds. Got down mid-afternnon on Fri. and first stop was at Harbor Tackle. Grabbed some bait and then made a quick stop by Buck's.

Fishingirlpa was getting impatient by then, so it was off to the <acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym> protion. Surf wasn't too bad. We were holding with 5. Tried various baits - muller/bunker. Most bites were either off of the bunker or mullet. We only had a few hours but did manage a couple of snappers and fishingilrpa managed a smoothy. Weren't too many people and around dusk figured we'd just take a drive down to the end and enjoy the scenery before leaving. The beach seemed to be in halfway decent shape from what we could tell. We had no problems.

Ther next day we awoke to cloudy and windy conditions. We were prepared for the worst. First stop was Capt. Steve's. It was good to see Jimmy after a few months. He is such a pleasant guy to chat with. We saw his Jeep looks like a real fishing vehicle now with a cooler/rod rack. Another good job by Chris. So after getting some bunker and a few peelers (fishingirlpa got her first rock from the suds this Spring with one so we figured we'd grab some) off to the <acronym title="Virginia">Va</acronym>. side this time.

Surf was kicking pretty good. Winds were ESE at a sustained speed of about 30 with gust I am sure to about 35-40. Cloudy and overcast pretty much the whole time. We at least timed things right as the tide was incoming. Air temp wasn't too bad as was the water temp. The grass wasn't too bad despite the surf conditions and wind. Of course we only had 6oz so it was a little tough holding. But at least it did keep the bait moving somewhat and we managed. The wash was getting pretty good as the tide was coming in and luckily we had set right up on a suck out. Of course it didn't do much good as we didn't even manage a bite. We tried chunks and peeler on FF rigs and T&B rigs, along some mullet on mullet rigs. After another couple of hours we decided to call it a day.

Rained over night Sat. pretty heavily but it had cleared out by the time we got back out in the morning. We only had a couple of hours so we staked out the same spot again figuring we had nothing to loose. Winds were only about 15-20kts and out of the NNW. Not the best but all we had. Seas were pretty calm and there wasn't much grass at all, at least compared to Sat.. There were a few people out already. We tried pretty much the same baits/presentations. Fishingirlpa managed the only pullage for the day - a small skate. That was about the only action we had. From what we could see it looked to be about the only thing landed that day.

All in all we had a great time. The weather cooporated better then we had thought, got to finally meet Chris and met Ron, and got to see Jimmy. Just a littel too early for the fish though. Better days are ahead.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

beautiful striper !!!

I fished <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym> all day sunday and the wind was a killer. Managed a nice sized Kingfish about 7:30 AM off a sand eel lure ( that was a first for me !) and a good sized doggie around noon. Nothing else for the rest off the time except for one good hit which snapped a 80# shock leader when i hit back.

I guess i was the lucky one as I didn't see anyone else get anything except for the guy next to me caught a prize winning herring gull. Better luck next time

Dang, Every time I get online and see theres a new post on the report I get my hopes up. I know its just a matter of time and bein' out there tryin', I guess its like you say, fish or no fish, thanks for postin'.

Dang, Every time I get online and see theres a new post on the report I get my hopes up. I know its just a matter of time and bein' out there tryin', I guess its like you say, fish or no fish, thanks for postin'.

Don't watch reports get out and fish!!! Be the one to report the striper and blue blitz thats going to happen any day now!!! Once this water clears up from the recent blow, its GAME ON!!!!

I can't wait for this weekend so I can get out and FISH!!!!!!!!!

striper blitz???? never seen that yet...

meant to say big stripers and blue blitz's. although one time fishing on the choptank pier I couldn't keep small stripers off my line, they were hitting everything that was moving in the water. Too bad they were only like 10" to 14".

Couple years ago I had eight big ones...42 to 49"...in an hour and fifteen minutes. Then the fish were still there but the wind was in my face so hard I couldn't reach 'em. Throwin' 12 just as hard as I could. What a day! And that same year a friend got into some hotter fishing than that but the fish were smaller. Last spring I had a ten fish day but it was over the entire day. So...not crazy, water boiling blitzes but it is what we have and it is great to be on the beach when a nice pod of fish comes in.

agree Steve...I've had a 5 or 6 large fish day...and actually when thinking about it, I had shorts non stop in the winter. I envision blitzes as water boiling with fish...would be cool to see.

Hey Coop, it can happen just like a Blue blitz. A couple of years ago on the North beaches of the Outer Banks, it was game on!

Hey Coop, it can happen just like a Blue blitz. A couple of years ago on the North beaches of the Outer Banks, it was game on!

I would love to be in one...I think I saw that on video???...large stripers were chasing bunker up on the beach...completely stoked conditions...maybe one day I'll see that on AI. I have heard large blue blitzes on AI doing the same thing.

Ive seen striper from a boat do that in the Chesapeake. last year 3 of us caught at least 60 fish all 18-25in in about 2 hours. One of the rods was bent at all times. They were breaking the surface and staying at the top so long it looked like the gulls were landing on them! They were feeding just as aggressively as Ive ever seen any blues. Not a blitz to the beach but still very cool to see.