12 posts in this topic

2009 DMS Intra-Club Tournament

A highly informal tournament among DMS members for the most treasured of trophies -

BRAGGING RIGHTS!

Date: Saturday, November 7, 2009

Time: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Location: Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island. This is a SURF- FISHING tournament. No rocks, boats, piers, jetties, bridges, ponds, etc.

Eligible Species: Any game fish.

Scoring: Honor System is in effect!

Measure fish to the nearest ¼ inch, ROUNDED DOWN.

Must be witnessed by a DMS member.

Scoresheets: Available at Rick’s Bait & Tackle (Long Neck),

Bills Sport Shop (Lewes),

Henlopen Bait & Tackle (Lewes),

Old Inlet Bait & Tackle (S of Dewey Beach)

OR

Email: dmstournament@verizon.net for a scoresheet.

Returns: Scoresheets MUST be turned into Morty OR any of the above shops NO LATER THAN 5 PM on Saturday, November 7. No Email returns! If you don’t turn it in on time, you don’t get scored.

Awards: Trophies to be awarded at the DMS 2010 Dinner-Dance.

Date and location TBA.

Floyd “Morty” Morton, III

Tournament Chairman

I'm ready to battle the best and be humiliated.

Sweet. good times. My wife and I have been putting a good amount of time in so large fish are bound to happen for us soon. Let the games begin!

Morty, can Tyler fish or does ne need to be a Jr. member if so how does he become one.

Jim

I had a similiar question as Flame Thrower. I would like my wife to fish in the tourney as well. I know that its late to try to do this now but for next year what must we do to add her to my membership. I just received my newsletter today with the renewal form and would like to get it all together before we submitted it.

Looking forward to some good fishing this weekend. If ya see my Don't tread on me flag flyin stop on in and give us a shout. GLTA

Man!!! You guys suck!!! JUST KIDDING!!!! Have fun guys and gals, wish I could be there with ya'll but my son has a play-off game tomorrow so I am going to be there cheering him on!

I hope everyone has a great time and catches feesh! :fish: Cheers!!! :D

Heading down in the morning but won't be able to compete since we won't be there until after the start time. Good luck to all.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

Morty, can Tyler fish or does ne need to be a Jr. member if so how does he become one.

Jim

Jim,

Tyler needs to be a JR member to fish. Destiny took 2nd place last year. Contact Marge or George Mood about a membership.

Good to see you guys this weekend.:icon_pidu:

Morty, Thanks I contact the Moods. It was a mute point as the entire rest of the house was swined up with the flu. Hopefully they are out of the tranmittal stage as I'm tried of sleeping in the basement on the couch.

Good to see you guys again we ended up North with Tommy and Crystal. Nothing for us we stayed until about 8:30. I fished for almost 20hrs and not even a bump. Crabs are the worst I ever remember.

I couldn't catch anything to save my life. I saw 2 fish caught all day. Guy next to me caught a 19" flounder and his buddy caught a lil sea robin... They were down for the Sea Robin Classic tournament. I fished about 60 yrds north of the south end of 3-r's were their was a nice lil wash out that looked promising.

Is their any news or report of the tournament available?