6 posts in this topic

got a question for everyone. i was talking to a friend this morning about his trip to AI.

he said after waiting in line for several hours he left.

then i saw the report on sol @ some people waiting 7 hours.

what are you thoughts on this? any ideas how to help the situation?

maybe limit it to no more than half the users as campers?

maybe a reservation system for weekends?

well Im new to the AI surf fishing and Sunday was the first time I had to wait, got thier @noon and was fishing by 1:30pm. so our wait was only @1 1/2 hrs. now I did talk to one of the rangers while I was waiting my turn and he said alot of the people on the beach are not fishing, there swimming, surfing or just plain exploring, he also said eve's are best as most of the non-fisherman go home. so I guess what Im saying is GO early and avoid the sunbathers, swimmers and surffers :|

you cant not allow the non fishers on there. they do have the right too. but i did just hear that the rules supposedly have changed for night. supposedly it now ssays, like it used to, that you must be fishing to be on the beach at night.

Randy sorry I missed ya all the other day, and as you said the best thing is to go early before all the non fishers get there.

Yep, that's the key, go early or late but forgo the prime time.

If you get out there early enough you can enjoy the colors before the sunrise, that's what it's all about in addition to a thousand other reasons.

I don't think there should be any limits on campers, if you are talking about the slide-in types. They shouldn't be penalized just because they have a camper. Yeah, I know thay stay a lot longer but they don't fill the beach. Everyone should have a fair shot, surfers, fishing, sunbathers/swimmers and just simply folks that want to sit in a chair and look at the sea.

The holidays are the worst but weekends in general are busy out there.

That's tha main reason I only go during the week.

Just get there early, problem solved....

Randy sorry I missed ya all the other day, and as you said the best thing is to go early before all the non fishers get there.

:mrgreen: not a problem bro' we still had a good meal and cold beer 8)