8 posts in this topic

This weekend I have my nephews over. You all have seen their pictures up before. Yesterday we headed to the pier here at my house. Had all their rods riged up for spot. We were then putting the live spot on my surf rods for Rockfish. I had a few take the bait. Jacob wanted to take his worm off and put a piece of cut bait on. Twenty minutes later his little ugly stick was zinging. It was his first rockfish ever measuring at 19 inches. Soon after another light action rod bent in half. Another Rock measuring in at 18 inches. Jacob, Logn, and Jefferey did very well. Jefferey caught a mess of Spot, Logn caught a few perch, and Jacob caught Two huge cats, and that one Rockfish. Danny was also there with us. He had to catch twenty small ones (spot and perch) and one nice size channel cat.

Here are the pics...

5852a583134fa_JacobsFirsteverKeeper19inc

5852a5831983e_jacopcatfish.jpg.0bae72632

5852a58322864_twostripers.jpg.aa0e3e7ca6

5852a58327702_JacobsLargeCat.jpg.62c9eda

Good Job..Where are you fishing from? I dont have a boat and would like to find a good pier. Did you catch the stripers on cutbait? Thanks

I caught them on cut spot that I caught earlier in the season. I am using a 8/0 circle hook on a 4 ft 20 lb leader with a fish finder rig. This pier is located in the Ebb Tide community. I can give you directions if interested. Right now we are catching huge cats with a small mix of striper. The other day we caight a 15 pound cat. If you want a fish to just pull down your rod this is the place.

I just like to try new places to fish ( Me and my family = wife and girls )...

I just pull the website for this community, and looks to Me a private community...correct ?. just ask...

Thanks,:hello::hello:

I just like to try new places to fish ( Me and my family = wife and girls )...

I just pull the website for this community, and looks to Me a private community...correct ?. just ask...

Thanks,:hello::hello:

Ok...

I see it is a public pier...too.

Great, I try Colonial... one of this days, Thanks.:fish::fish: