3 posts in this topic

I'll be camping at Kiptopeke SP next weekend. My 9 year old son and I are going to have some estrogen free:happy10::happy10: time flounder fishing on the bay. Has the fishing been good lately? I'd like to get a chart of the area. Where's the best B&T? I'm planning on fishing off Cape Charles down to the bridge. Is there anything I should watch out for down in those areas?

Chris Bait and Tackle is right down the street on 13!

Don't know about flounder, but I would be looking for some Drum and a few early season striper as Bay season will be open!

If you venture out at night be watchful of the fish traps near the tip of the ES. The traps are all south of the concrete ships and easily get in the way at night should you travel close to fisherman's island. They are catching big flounder, puppy drum, and trout near the concrete ships. If you go around to the sea side bull reds can be found in the areas around the barrier islands. For bigger drum in the bay try 19ft of water and a slowing tide. Dixies right, Chris's is a good place to try but ask what type of lures have sold recently to get the scoop.