8 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the Aquaclear finger mullet rigs with the sliding "T" piece that you move down towards the weight to cast? Do they fly better than regular rigs and does the rig reset itself as advertised after the cast?

Thanks!

Tedward

Welcome aboard Ted!

I haven't heard of the rig, but I'll look for one Monday and try it out.

Ok thanks! I threw one twice today off the beach and it came back tangled a bit one of the times. When I got home I cut it apart and reworked it into a non-sliding design using the standoff. I like what I have now. The issue is got a new rod and a Saltist reel that will throw a mile even in my inexperienced hands but these mullet and rigs have the drag of a parachute. I'm trying to cut the drag down as much as possible.

mu1ec.jpg.a7bed8fa2716fffac805c789dafec0

I bought some of the Breakaway impact shields and modified the rigs to work with those. Bait and weight stay together nicely during casting.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

i used them all weekend and didn't notice anything really different about them, bad or good.

I do not like that plastic "T" in any rig - plus the line will start cutting into the plastic cause the bait to spin and twist

I have used these a lot and found them to be just as good as any other I have used. Plus the price is right.

For me the aqua clears tangle more in really rough surf.