7 posts in this topic

There has been a multitude of Blues in the surf. Unfortunately, most are Snapper Blues. There is larger Blues in the mix. Schoolie Stripers are being caught along with Flounder. Ling are showing up already with the colder weather.

The 3rd Annual DMS Invitational is Oct 10-11. Be sure to sign up and not miss this great event.

Feel free to post your reports here and good luck to all of the anglers in the upcoming tournament events.

Fished this morning 10/3 from before light to 9:30 with the other 3000 ppl in the Old Inlet tournament (I'm not in it personally). The snapper blues made a fairly short appearance and then it went dead for everyone as far as I can tell. I stopped by the tackle shop and heard that some guy had just landed a 57" cobia from the surf N of IR inlet. Wow!! I'll be back out tomorrow AM with the much anticipated light W wind.

Oh I got 13 doz finger mullet yesterday evening from the beach just east of Cape Henlopen Pier.

Wow, what tackle shop told you about the cobia?

The Cobia is a true story. He let the fish go.

I fished the Classic this weekend. I must have caught 200 blues and scored only 7. The fish needed to be 14" or bigger. I finished in the top 15. I am whipped, let me tell ya.

The calcutta was a 19" Bluefish worth $2470.00

Largest fish was a 27" Flounder worth $1000.00

I did meet Brad who was judging in the tourny. Great to meet you Brad and yes, we will get hooked up soon.

Don't miss the DMS tourny this coming weekend:happy8:

Fished the tourney this weekend. The bite was definitely on...if you wanted marauders! Only two scoreable fish but dozens and dozens of 10"-12"ers. Oh, and a seagull.

With 2 fish, I think I was somewhere in the 45% who managed to get scoreable fish. No matter though I had a great time once again and met some new people.

Congrats Fin! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello at the awards. Hopefully I'll see you on the beach again sometime soon.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

J,

I hope to see you this weekend. Some great prizes again this year.:icon_thumright: