25 posts in this topic

Well, I have put in some time the past two days with only a few blues and sandbar sharks to show.

Yesterday looked promising at Back Bay in the morning, but bluebird skies quickly put a damper on the fishing, same for last night at Dam Neck.

Guess it's time to make a sacrifice to the drum gods and hope they accept it!

Come on NE Wind!

caught 3 dozen spot last night so im set for bait, heading down to sandbridge tonight with the crew, depending on weather, may pull an all nighter....

caught 3 dozen spot last night so im set for bait, heading down to sandbridge tonight with the crew, depending on weather, may pull an all nighter....

Where in the hades did you score the spot????

ruddee, LOADED WITH THEM. shoulder to shoulder with spot fisherman.

LOL.. Go get em, guys!

Just got home from work ! heading down to join the " Crew" ! Low tide is 2:30am so we will catch the entire incoming tide , have time to come home , shower and then get to work from noon till 9 !!!:eusa_dance:

Thanks to Bucket I had fresher than fresh bait, but only skates and a few biters to show for it last night. Not sure when I will try again.

Got lucky again by blind squirrelin' a 52" red release that Playin' Hooky C&R'd last night :director: Popped another big red surf drum cherry :icon_syda: Better yet was his son landing a 3' black tip to end the night :blob8:

Next time the fresh bait Schmitty :)

Drum fever `bucket

Nice job Bucket. Dixie, I'm in the same boat with you this fall. But I have a 4 day weekend coming up to hit them hard. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Still paying em.....Andrew K, Noncaster and I all fished the incoming and outgoing last night.....Blues were thick and devouring bait as soon as it hit the water.

Upsized bait and head, but nada or blues still tearing it up!

i been paying my red drum dues for 4 years now and still don't have anything to show for it.

Funny how that works, eh Jim? Caught plenty of puppy drum but I'm in the same boat with the big reds. :disgust:

Speaking of boats, I've caught some big reds from a boat but I don't count those. It's different pullage when on the beach.

That was some more dues payin' last night eh :help:

4AM Sandbridge `bucket

yeah, nada...

Back at it again for me around noon and fish till dark...

fished back bay sun rise to sun set with jeremy and matt................................................................water looked great, wind was a blowing out of the NE. NADA.

caught one round head early in the day on BWFB, later caught a small 9 inch black drum, tagged and released him. there was probably 8 other people that you could see fishing, no runs, no drum, no sharks. about an hour before sunset i had one good run, came tight and what ever it was took off. lots of head shake, steady pulling, came to the surface twice and broke but never got a good look at it. he ran me down the beach about 100 yards and POP. SOB bit threw my 150lb test leader to my hook. shreaded it. thinking either a big blue or shark. that was it.

saw a few fisherman coming back from false cape, they said a few puppy drum were caught and one big drum, that was it.

always next time.......paying dues.

4am... That's my kind of fishing! Nothing like drum fever!

again logged more hours this afternoon with nothing but a few blues and skates to show....man was it drummy though!

Just got back yesterday afternoon. 1 slot pup 1 yearling from the Point, 4 bigguns from the pier. One of my best drum trip to date. How did y'all do?

Paid my fair share in the last 6+ weeks. Did get lucky and had the Drum Gods smile down upon me a few times ... the last of my VA SB fall drum run dues paid and reported herein:

SB drum run report 10/21/09 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad to say the fall Sandbridge/Oceanfront big red drum run looks to be about over after the N/NW blow this last weekend?! Doesn't mean ya can't still hit it and catch a straggler like I attempted at the SB Market tonight but the best of it has swam by us :cya:

So locally its time for me to be rockin & speckn when not headed south to Hatteras for shot at Big Red or Rocks :glasses13:

So go get ya some :icon_surprised:

beach `bucket

MY BEACH CART IS READY TO ROLLLLLLLLLL

CALL ME ~

Hit Rudee last week and bagged 200+ spot for the bait tank.

Took them to the tubes with Tony for rockfish thise week....

hit N miss but still boxed some nice fish around 25 - 27 inches.....

CALL ME ~

Hey Steve,

I think Jamie wants you to CALL HIM :icon_rr:

FYI `Mark