4 posts in this topic

Heading out to Back Bay Refuge before sunrise Friday to hit the beach and see if any Drum want to come out to play ! Have not had too many chances to get out and fish so Any pullage :fish::fish::fish::fish:will be welcomed as long as it winds up with something flopping on the beach !!! Have the usual buffet to offer with Mullet, Croaker, Spot, Bluefish, Shrimp, and even some nice chunks of tuna for the toothy ones ! Will post conditions when I come back in .

Winds 15-20 and its been raining all night and they say all the way through morning :eusa_wall: Was hoping to get on the beach first thing but does not look to promising today . Going to hit the ponds near the house and maybe hit the beach this evening.

Ya should have gone as today's NE blow this time of year is drum weather :icon_syda: If we can hold bottom we might just land a big red during the surf fishing class tomorrow?!

drum fever `bucket

I wound up going stir crazy at the house and me and Jeremy went down about 3:30 this afternoon. The surf was real rough and the winds were perfect out of the north at @ 30+ steady ! Took 3 casts with a sting silver and NO WEEDS !!!! We set up a few rods with 8 ounces and Spot Heads, Blue heads and cut spot . No problem holding with 8 oz. because there were no weeds grabbing the line. Only problem was there were no fish grabbing the line either !!! We stayed till around 7:30 and packed it up as we had to get off the beach. A couple small blues were eatin the baits but no runs .The trough dropped off real nice like about a 4'-5' drop off into the trough. Everything was perfect and if we could have stayed in Back Bay overnight I would still be there because all the conditions were right for the Drum to show! Andrew finally made it home about 1:00am and we were thinking about going back out but the winds have increased to about 40MPH and that might be a bit much. Maybe tomorrow !