11 posts in this topic

I caught a 20 inch striper off my pier at my house in Colonial Beach, Virginia. I used a live spot with a 8/0 circle hook on a fish finder rig. The wind was blowing 15 - 20 mph, so I used a 3 oz sinker. After getting it on the dock I realized it had been bitten or attacked by something. The bite marks or battle wounds were very fresh. Check it out and let me know what you think. For you all that do not know what body of water it was the Potomac river 7 miles south of the 301 bridge, or about 45 miles north of the bay.

5852a5809daa8_Robs20inchStriper.jpg.2ee2

CIMG0547.jpg.2c57de1d3d73007d8fc212b3d2c

Are you sure those aren't prop strikes?

Or lesions?

Can't really tell from the pic, too small...

Steve i was wondering the same thing. I caught one that size last year in the middle of the bay that had lesions on it that looked very similar.

What would cause sores? I was not in my boat so I did not hit it with my prop maybe someone else...As far as the snakehead do they swim in salt water? Our water is very salty.

Looks like sores. Sores are caused by lack of food and bad water quality.

I should have mentioned earlier; if you bring in a fish with sores, don't touch it, let it go. If you do happen to touch it, scrub with soap and F/W asap. Of course, you don't want to eat it.

BTW, how did it taste? LOL!

Well...It tasted good. Well now I know. What is the worst that can happen?

Well he already has short-term memory loss, so there's no telling if the fish affected him, haha. Nice size striper you got! Keep 'em coming, trophy season is right around the corner.