Finaddict

IRI Dredging Project

7 posts in this topic

Ya man thats a bummer we were thinking of comind down this fall to fish there so i quess i will be fishing somewhere else:cwm21:

Very interesting news. That does really bite yet it needs to be done. What can we do to help change the timing of this event and how long is this project scheduled to last?

I've sent a bunch of letters out not objecting to the dredging but the timing of it. I'd encourage you to tell everyone you know that fishes the area to write letters asking representatives how this will affect the environment as far as the fall run and the economics of the area if <acronym title="Indian River Inlet">IRI</acronym> fishing gets shut down this fall.

Well I guess I could start their

I would think if you work the edges of the area it could produce a great bite.

Lots of stuff being stirred up for the critters to eat!

Of course you would have to fish up-tide and outside the dredge cloud.

I plan to give Mr. Steve Rochette of the US Army Corp of Engineers a call at (215) 656-6432 and find out what gives. Where's the study that states this is the best time to begin this type of operation? I guess I'll jump on the environmental bandwagon since it may impede my fishing experience at IRI.

Well I called Mr. Rochette today and found out that an environmental study had already been done, but it's only concern was the migration of the flounder. He also stated that 2 licenses were required from the State of Delaware that would expire if dredging didn't begin in October. He also stated he had been in contact with several other salt water anglers from another forum who also expressed concern. Bottom line it's going to happen. We can only hope that it stirs up the bait fish.

I wonder how this will effect fishing this fall:disgust:

Its going to take away 2 very good spots. :angry4:

Guess I'll have to do alittle more exploring.