10 posts in this topic

Can someone post some pics of rigs for tautog. I dont really know anything about them except that there good eating.

A couple of 2/0 squid hooks attached to dropper loops.

Use a three-way swivel with weight on one line and the hooks on the other line.

Put a red bead on top of the shanks.

Break up Green Crab and use the pieces.

Sorry, no pics....

tautog, where are you trying to fish for them? I live in DC and would like to be able to get out and do some of that fishing...

tautog, where are you trying to fish for them? I live in DC and would like to be able to get out and do some of that fishing...

Ocean city and the Chesapeake bay

yeah, sounds good...but i don't have access to a boat or any floatation conveyance...so, what's a man like myself to do to get in on that good fishing? and where as well...no sense in knowing what to do if i don't know where...lol

Sounds like it's time to buy a kayak!!

No fuel, maintenance, or insurance bills!

yeah, sounds good...but i don't have access to a boat or any floatation conveyance...so, what's a man like myself to do to get in on that good fishing? and where as well...no sense in knowing what to do if i don't know where...lol

Fish off the oceanic pier in ocean city. The tautog fishing is getting better down there everyday. Sand fleas I hear is the bait of choice live or frozen. I had a really good day out on the pier last time I went. Or like Steve said invest in a kayak thats what I'm doing February of next year.

You can catch them off the north jetty, oceanic pier, 2nd thru 4th street bulkhead, the end of 5th and 6th street bulkhead, numerous headboats in ocean city area.

Tog fishing takes alot of patience, try green crabs, sand fleas and my favorite sea clams for bait, fiddler crabs work great for bait but you have to be extremely quick on the hookset as they are not very big and are fragile.

I use like 50lb mono tied on to my braid and tie 2 dropper loops and then a loop on the bottom, I prefer kahle hooks in the 1/0 or 2/0 size range, for the sinker i use a rubber band and attatch that to the bottom loop i tied, tog like to take you in the snags and when they do you can snap the rubberband and still get your fish in. you loose a lot of sinkers sometimes but you can get your limit and that makes it worth it to me. good luck.