9 posts in this topic

I am headed down to VA Beach in 2 weeks, the week of Oct. 3rd. This will be my first time fishing down there and I have no Idea where to go. Also, what should I expect to be catching this time of year there? I will be staying 2 blocks north of the inlet. I usually fish the Indian River Inlet and the beach area in DE.

Any info to help make this a unforgettable trip would be awesome!!

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Well you are coming at a good time, spot and croaker are hitting hard, speckle trout are hitting. Just don't tell no body, also puppy drums are in the surf or pier. For spot blood worms or the fake ones, night crawlers work to or cut spot, pups fresh cut mullet or cut spot in the surf. Best places would be any pier. <acronym title="Virginia">VA</acronym> beach fishing pier at 14Th street or at the south end of the ocean front they call it the rail. For pups, sand bridge fishing pier is good as is the beach there to fish. Might look for cobia off the end of the piers. Good luck, need anymore info, just ask.

Fh9111,

First two weeks of October? Big reds are also a possibility both from the VB oceanfront and down Sandbridge way :hello:

beach `bucket

Thanks for the info. Going to be hitting the incoming tide tonight at 5th oceanfront. wish me luck!

Joe,

You have a shot at a big drum at the oceanfront so I hope you have a 10' rod w/17lb test tied to a 40-50 lb shocker. That said, toss a fresh cut piece of spot out and hang on :blob1:

Feel free to PM and we look forward to the report :glasses1:

Mark

i have fished 3 high tides and have only caught 2 croakers. i guess i am doing something wrong. tried finger mullet, squid and bloods. help?!? LOL

find some spot and use them for bait. you could also cut up the croaker and use it for bait, might get a biter

what a vacation. I fished every day/night. I love my wife!!! totals are as follows. 14 croakers, one measured 15 inches. 11 spot, 3 puppy drum and 2 small blues. all caught on blood worms. Thank you all for the info you provided me!

Great!!!!

Did the wife fish with you, or outfish you? LOL!