11 posts in this topic

Well the mullet are running. The larger fish should be showing up in the surf for the feast. Blues, Spot, Kingfish and some Flounder are still being caught in the suds. Good luck to everyone.

Feel free to post your reports here.

Fished Conquest Rd Sunday, (walk-on) Little blues attacked the mullet rigs right after low tide, and then later closer to high tide. Nice cut right at the walk-on with high tide. Then hit CHSP Mon & Tues.... just south of the point, mullet on the mullet rig again was the ticket. Constant bite the closer it got to high tide. Lots of little bait takers so bring lots of mullet or your net!

Did not see any schools attacking bait anywhere, guess it may have to do with the weather being unsettled.

Wow that's some cliff at the lower end of 3R's what will that do to the fishing?

Wow that's some cliff at the lower end of 3R's what will that do to the fishing?

The fish will never see it:icon_thumright:

Went on the hunt for mullet today. Hit the pier and saw just a few. Stripped them out and hit the planks. I got 14 flounder with one nice 22". Alot of them were super close to 18 1/2", but not close enough.

Wind started blowing 15-20 with higher gusts and I was outta there. If you go to the beaches the next couple of days, you better call first to see if they are open. There is alot of high water tonight

Where are the fish hitting in Delaware? I sat out at Bowers for over two hours without a bite the other night. What gives?

Where are the fish hitting in Delaware? I sat out at Bowers for over two hours without a bite the other night. What gives?

First let me welcome you to the site.

There has been oodles of blues caught up to 20" in the surf north of IRI. I guided this past weekend and got many nice blues and some flounder out of the suds.

fished n of ir sat. 2 schoolie rock 1 @ 27 the other 22 it still felt great to see the stripes can't wait for the big-uns

Fished CHSP just south of the point on Friday morning. After the rain passed, it turned out to be be a beautiful afternoon. Caught 2 small blue on a mullet rig. I think because a pod of dolphin was aboout 40 yards from my pool. They wouldn't leave. But to my reward one jumped completely out of the water. Amazing in 3-5 foot surf. Caught those blues while the dolphin were away.

The storm in the previous weeks did a number on the beach. I havent seen it like that in a while.

Thanks for the report guys. Cooler weather is coming and the larger fish will be here as well.:eusa_dance:

Fished Sunday 9/27 just barely N of the crossing at 3R's as soon as the rain stopped and the wind went around from the west. The surf was huge and we couldn't keep any TB rigs close in from drifting faster than you can run. We stuck with mullet rigs way out there on 5 and 6 oz and had a constant supply of the ridiculous little blues. I got one that was smaller than the mullet, and at one point I caught 3 in a row on the same mullet as they gradually chopped it shorter and shorter. The two of us went through 3 dozen baits.

Oh one skate and one smooth dog on a rig with no float.

Bring on the bigger fish!

Ted,

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the report. I hope things pick up this weekend.