18 posts in this topic

OK ladies welcome to put there two cents in. (please) My Durango is going through some growing pains and till I get it in the shop and find out what exactly is the problem ( I think that I'm getting some sludge build up in the engine, losing oil pressure after 1500 miles after an oil change and having to put some oil in, and some studding on acceleration witch could be the cause from the oil problem), I'm just running my options, hence new truck, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. The wife says fix the Durango and I agree to a point but it the fix is going to run some $. I would rather get rid of it before it gets to bad and get a new truck. So to my question is how do I convince my wife that it's better to get rid of the one I have now and get a new truck.

Thank and I really need help on this one.

Oh man, I'm looking forward to some info in regards to this post. :-)

well, not a womens response but...."hey honey, don't you just love the smell of a new truck" :lol:

oh......and buy a FORD :!:

I like Fords and have owned them in the past but the look of the Dodge's just get me :)

Randy I understand (more Fords on the road the better for you :) )but my Durango has pulled out a lot of other trucks on the beach more the once and when it has come to bad weather and bad road or off road conditions Ive been very happy with my Dodge not to say that other models are not as reliable. As Ive started before Ive have some problems with my D that are not so common, but like any other make happen weather its a Dodge, Ford, GMC or any other. But as I still want to how do I get my wife to go along with buying another truck. I dying trying to think of a way so it comes out being her ideal so I'm off the hook ( no pone intended ) not that I would use it for fishing more then I'm now :wink:

LOL Well It's a Dodge Stealth twin turbo with well just to say a few mods. More then she will tell me about hate to say it but she is the motor head in the family. She has a Dodge Stealth and Mits 3000 car club that she help start a few years back so as you can see she is the one into car and things like that so thats why I got to talk her into it. :( :( She will give you a run for your money when it come to older cars and what gear ratio is in what rear and so on you would have a good time talking to her. When it comes to cars in a conversation I just sit back and let her go and feel sorry of anyone that tries and BS her just because she's a women.

Ahhh then her and Barb would get along good :!:

Hmmmm, maybe tell her SHE should look into getting a nice new Dodge Ram 4X4 super cab, wth some tricked-out graphics, cool sounding exhaust, polished aluminum wheels and a set of rod rack.......umm, so you can patrol the beach on occassion :mrgreen:

Dave, I love my dodge quad cab,,,can't go wrong,,,great on the beach,,,get a cap for the back and tell her "it's our romantic weekend getaway rig, we can wake up to a sunrise right on the beach".

Dave,

Dump the oil, flush it out real good with a good name-brand and replace it with something like Rotella synthetic.

A synthetis will not sludge like dino oil will. Go with the lowest viscisity in the owner's manual, maybe even a straight weight.

That should take care of the problem, hopefully.

If not, then oil isn't the problem.

Are you having to top off the radiator reservoir? Ant white smoke out the back? That MAY indicate water in the oil and a blown head gasket. Look under the oil fill cap, any gray color would indicate water.

Plan on having the oil flushed and going with synthetic, from what I have reaad there is a problem with sludge build up in some Durango's caused by internel leak, and no to the last part of your question about the radiator and white smoke. Thanks for the info.

The Durango is a 1999 Magnum 5.2L SMPI V8, have it in the shop now to check on some things, low oil pressure for one and having the oil pump, oil screen and tune up done. I will have them check the bearings to see if it has more wear then should be.

have em check the belly pan on the intake also. the 5.2 is known for blowing the gasket there.

[quote user=

and remember friends dont let friends buy fords.

just kiddin randy :)

Doh :!: n/p :mrgreen:

Dave, like your new avatar 8) anybody we know :lol:

Go for the new truck,More room in the back to take her yard salen.Also with a new truck you can get more done around the house,all in all a truck would be better 4 her :lol: