8 posts in this topic

Today was the Special Olympic Fishing Tourny on the CHSP Pier. I try to never miss this event. To me this is what fishing is TRUELY all about.:icon_wink:

To see the priceless smiles on these olympians faces does my heart good. Everyone, even the judges like myself are winners in this tourny. Every year there are the ones who really know how to fish and then there are those who need assistance. I get a kick out of helping those who are a special need to catch fish. The only reward I need is to see thier faces light up like it was Christmas morning.

What a great event.

DMS provided trophies to the anglers who got the first fish, the largest fish and the most fish. This year DMS also provided the anglers with a fishing rod. Tackle and bait was provided by A&K Tackle.

The fishing report is a good one. One angler caught 2 keeper flouder at the same time, that was kool:icon_wink:. There were many flounder caught as well as spot, sea bass and blues.

Largest fish was a 19" flounder

Most fish caught by an angler was 9 fish

First fish was caught 3 minutes after the tourny started.

Thanks to all of you who made this event one to remember.:icon_salut:

Wish I could have made it, but I'm a little under the weather I'm glad they good weather and great fishing!! And my hat goes off too DMS and all those involved!! And a Double thumbs up to all the anglers and there catches!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Guys & Gals!!

Actually, most fish was 10, but who cares it was awesome!! I'm glad I was a part of it and proud to belong to a club that takes the time to give something back like this.

That's great! You need to post some pics for all to see. Congratulations to all who participated. Any fish caught was a bonus and fun for all, I am sure!

As a new DMS member it was good to get out and meet a few of the other members. I had a great time and it was a blessing to see the Olympians filled with joy. I will mark this event on my yearly calendar. I also look forward to meeting others at up coming events. One of the Nurses helping the Olympians had her wig blow off into the drink and I tried to snag it to no avail, That will be a memory to last a life time.

Man, I am sorry I missed that. Where was I?

Thanks for the help, my friend:icon_thumleft:

If you google special olypics Delaware you can see the pictures from that day. I believe it is under Cape Henlopen family day, you might recognize the guy in the yellow shirt.

Wow looks like they had a ball! I wish I could have broke free and came down to lend a hand as well.