9 posts in this topic

Just got off the phone with <acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym></acronym> parkranger as of now the OSV Zone is closed till further notice due to overwash from the bay::disgust:

the tide hasretreated and the surf has gone pretty much flat this am...I would think it would be open sometime today.

I went there about two hours ago and talked with one of the rangers. Entrance to beach had about 8 inches of water and deep mud. He said he did not know when they would open it.

John M.

Just talked with the AI ranger station, the osv zone will not be open any time to day.

bummer...With this weather, I may never get to fish the rest of the year...unfishable conditions everytime I think about going out.

I just took a ride down and everything is still shut down... Gotta fish soon...

There is always the walk-over. I do that quite often and have had some excellent results. Besides the soft sand of the dunes gives you a real cardio work-out. It also makes you stay later as the walk back has been known to discourage the hardiest of anglers...................