31 posts in this topic

Still the usual summertime fish being caught but big reds should be right around . This persistent NE fetch is making for some tough fishing conditions for the beginning of the month.

Feel free to post your reports here...fish or no fish

went out mon and tue eve, monday i caught three dusky shark, all around 3.5 to 4 feet in length, tue was impossible to fish, tossed 14's to hold and all i managed was a skate. left after three hours. starting to feel drummy out there though.

we went out yesterday to the bridge just messing around... i caught a 14in tautog on my first throw of the cast net... i later got some 14in cob mullet and a blow fish... we are making a run to Virginia to try out our luck on seagull pier... here are the pics of the blowfish and tautog

5852a57e85731_rerecute.jpg.2c0b0c7f53a5f

blowfish.jpg.86facd53330ef061253c3f5af98

I hit SPSP on Saturday September 5. Right before Sundown I was catching yellow belly spots. I also caught a couple of undersized rockfish. The bait was bloodworms. the bite was consistant. I cooked em up for Sunday. Good eating!

The folks to my right were fishing for blues using cut alwie. The bite for them was pretty consistant too.. In fact their bite coincided with the curtailment of mine. I saw a few that went about 15 to 17 inches. Those are perfect eating size. If you want em they are out here.

this weekend went well for my dad and I... we were flounder fishing with gulp alive and got 3 keepers... i also caught about 15dozen mullet in the cast net and a seahorse of all things... i have pics of 2 flounder and a seahorse.

seahorse.jpg.9135463927d204c8d7454c88fb6

flounder.jpg2.jpg.006a8283894bffca5e71dc

for those that live close to ai, how are the conditions, didnt go out this week because the weather,but i am dyin to start drum fishin. thinkin bout tomorrow but it is not lookin good again. i dont mind the weather just dont want to have to use 14's to hold bottom.

Dave,

it wasn't to bad early am but not its onshore out of the northeast and seems to be blowing harder. I wouldn't even bother until at least Friday and even then, I would think the beach will be closed off on the southern end.

got a 46" Sunday night out on the sand. Great bait from Bev of course...go get em. HARD NE that night got damn chilly for summertime.

Cool! Congrats!

So, is this the first one of the season that we know about?

46" Red Drum , did you say? I missed the whole thing last year but saved a day for this season, so I am very curious for when it starts.

it was about right, first full moon in Sept starts it. The later the Sept full moon the more concentrated and better the fishing, early full seems to spread out the "run" if you can call it that. Might be tough to find a good number of them until the new moon next week then it will be on righteously...

Yea Ben I am fishing the new moon! Hope there are no storms to close it down....

Nice job, Ben! Thanks for the pics, Brandon. :)

fished A.I. today orv closed was told would not be open till sun sometime still about 1 ft of water in entrance rd around 2pm couple skates a doggie and a snapper blue

Went down to OC (130th street) to get one more weekend of sharkin in. I had a few pulls, but no hook ups.:angry1: I guess they have finally moved South. I might get down for some rockfish or something at some point, but for now, its hunting season until the rockfish come in the spring.

I'm a big bowhunter....but fall on the beach is awesome.

I just started bowhunting a couple years ago and love it. But after spending a lot of time on the beach this summer, I found another favorite. I've never really hit the beach in the fall, I'll have to try to come down in November for the striper run.

also a hunter. but this surf fishing has got me hooked i may have some tough decisons to make with my free time this fall

I guess we all can agree that it's just the great feeling of being outdoors and enjoying God's creatures. Whether it be a deer or a nice striper/shark/drum.:):)

Can anyone tell me what the surf is like now, do you need 8+ to hold? Thanks.