Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finaddict

Delaware Surf Fishing Reports 9/1-9/15/09

5 posts in this topic

Summer is almost over and the best fishing of the year is almost upon us. Please feel free to post your reports here.

Good luck and even better fishing

Headed out to the Cape Henlopen Pier today around 4 PM to get ready for a little fishing trip the next day, or so.:icon_wink:. Got there and no one was on the East side of the pier. I wet a line and was getting 2 and 3 spot at a time. One time I caught 4 spot on my rig. That was a nice fight, let me tell you.

I got my limit of spot in about an hour. It was hot and heavy.:eusa_dance: I did net a few dozen finger mullet as well. Hope to see some of you VERY SOON.:icon_wink:

Took Destiny out to the pier yesterday to get some bait for an upcoming trip:icon_wink: She is a fishing machine catching doublers of spot most of the time. She had a blast.

We got our limit and was off to the DMS meeting by 7 PM.

Labor Day weekend was slow up on the surf at Tower Rd as well. Mostly small blue's running during the morning high tide and tapered off around noon. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

Down on FISP over pretty much 100yds south of the last Tower, i had a good saturday. Pulled in 6 blues, all over 12inches and a 1ft sand shark. I hit 3 blues in about 10 mins off the surf around 4pm, we ended up leaving the beach at 8pm. Went back had dinner, and drove back over, and stayed on till 1am and thats where they were hitting pretty good. Had something rip my entire mullet rig off.

Sunday was horrible, surf was too rough to keep a line in the water in a certain spot, and overall it seemed too rough to get anything to take a bite. We had to leave thanks to a medical emergency with my dog on sunday night, but my family said Monday was just angry surf

I guess with the erosion, the fish are coming in closer? It was a great weekend for surfing too with teh setup of the beach now.