7 posts in this topic

3rd Annual Delaware Moblie Surf-fisherman Invitational surf fishing tournament will be held on Oct 10-11 2009. For contact information call 1-302-855-0135 or send an E-mail to dmstournament@verizon.net

Thanks for posting this Dave.:icon_salut:

What a great event this is. Free eats, every child gets a prize. Come and join in the fun.

Every year a member of DMS donates a rod for the tourney. What a great piece. I wish I could own it.:icon_thumright:

It is a SU 1502 Rainshadow rated 4-10 ozs. Some lucky person will win it during the tourney. Here is a few pics. It is tough to get a good shot, trust me the pics doesn't do it justice. What a beautiful rod.

1502-rainshadow.jpg.43c934630672554429ab

1502-rainshadow-1.jpg.f2836e6aebe663a1e9

1502-rainshadow-2.jpg.e83f745f9d8960c800

Hopefully theres some spots available. I've been procrastinating on sending my registration in and now i'm worried theres not going to be any spots for myself, brother and cousin. Anyone know if there are any spots available for me to register in person on Friday the day before the tournament. My cousin and brother were not sure if they were going and now they are after the post date of oct 2nd already passed.

We have about 200 anglers registered now. Last year we had 90 people sign up the day before. That puts us around our cap.

We will be taking registration at the Savages Ditch Pavilion from 12-8 on friday. Hope to see you then. try to make it early to guarantee your spots.

WoW, what an event. It's hard to find the words to thank the DMS crew for the stellar tournament they put on. At least half the people in attendance and went to the awards received some sort of prize and awesome prizes were to be had. That Rod was fantastic, a real work of beauty and the custom truck rack was tasty. Special Thanks for Morty and George and the rest who did so much work to make the event happen. Thanks to the sponsors who gave so many nice prizes expecially the folks who donated a rod and reel for each kid registered.. that rocked.

My wife and I caught a good amount of fish. 8 dogfish, 9 kingfish, 3 sheepheads and 6 small blues and my wife picked up a nice 20" striper. I only landed 1 scorable fish, a 11 inch kingfish and had 4 mins left till the 4:00 pm whistle blew. Was a good weekend of fishing and Saturday Mother nature wasn't giving her fish away for free. She made us work for them with plenty of wind, a nice mix of rain and lots of blow over into the trough. This was my wife and I's first Salt water tournament and we learned a lot, We will streamline our set ups and prepare for the next tourney so watch out for DMS team#2438

Yes, what a great event. I was told we set the bar for the rest of the tournies for follow on the coast. Every year it just gets gigger and better.

Thanks to the anglers who participated in the event.

Kudos to the sponsors who helped make it what it is.

Judges were awsome and loved working with them.

I can't say enough about the tourny committee who spent countless hours planing the event.

Thanks everyone.:icon_salut: