8 posts in this topic

I have seen a few reports of small hammerheads being caught while fishing for bigger stuff. I didn't even know they were caught off our coast. How big can they get and how far out are they in the surf to catch one?

I was reading some reports of people yaking there baits out. They arn't that big from what ive heard. I think it was a post in the delaware part of the site that someone was saying that it was very unusual that there have been this many hammerheads here. It is just the weather i quess that brings them hear.

Every other year, you hear about catching Hammerheads. I think it has alot to due with water temp and conditions. I have got them off the surf just casting baits. I haven't got one this year tho.

This weekend will be interesting with the huge surf conditions......wonder what itll bring...

This weekend will be interesting with the huge surf conditions......wonder what itll bring...

I'll let ya know tonight after I get home.:eusa_dance:

You won't find Hammerheads in the upwelling cold waters.

In the Mid-Atlantic area, warmer waters can sometimes bring smaller Hammers into the shallows.

For the most part, the larger ones are found in the Gulf Stream and in Florida waters, along with the Gulf of Mexico of course.

The smaller ones do come up in the shallows. Last summer i caught a 2ft hammer in the mouth of Hungars creek on the southern bayside of ES while fishing for bait on a bottom rig.