4 posts in this topic

I've been trying to land some nice fish in Bethany Beach all summer! I've tried mullet squid blood worms... different rigs. should I be fishing more bluefish rigs, bottom rig, whole mullet rig? Ive tried it all. someone please give me some suggestions so I can have a good night on the beach!

Right now, there are kingfish and spot in the wash....which means just past where the breakers crash. Use a kingfish rig(which have a colored float in front of a hook), and tip them with Fishbite Bloodworms (artificial bait that stays on the hook). Use a lighter more sensitive rod with about 3 - 5 ounces of weight. Youll feel a quick tap tap tap tap.....

Then when you catch one of these baitfish....cut the head off, use that for bait on a large circle hook. Also quarter the midsection of the fish into chunks for bait as well. See past posts for how to rig these...but youll want to use a wire leader...because sharks are around. youll want to use this set-up on a big rod with lots of a$$ and a shock peader above 60 pounds....at least. If you are fishing this weekend...the surf is gonna be huge...so youll have to use a lot of sinker weight to stay in one spot.

When you cast out your lines....every five minutes reel in a couple of feet....its a good thing to do for a variety of reasone....until you finally decide to reel in.

Look for irregularities (cuts, mounds, wash outs)in the surf / sand and fish there. if you need more info...let me know. Time on the beach will get you some fish.

I've been trying to land some nice fish in Bethany Beach all summer! I've tried mullet squid blood worms... different rigs. should I be fishing more bluefish rigs, bottom rig, whole mullet rig? Ive tried it all. someone please give me some suggestions so I can have a good night on the beach!

Tricky,

Bethany can be tricky, no pun intended:happy8:. Try to move a little north to 3R's Rd or north of Indian River Inlet. The croakers are thick on the beach.

Use a Top and Bottom rig with yellow or orange floats. I have been using bloodworm Fishbytes for bait. The croakers are just beyond the breakers and the kingfish and spot are a little further out.

When you get a spot, fillet the spot and put the spot on your Top and Bottom rig and give it a toss. The kingfish and bluefish have been tearing the spot up. Save the heads of the spot for a little later in the day.

I have been getting 8' Sandtigers in the surf using bluefish, kingfish and spot heads. The sharks will bite at the turn of the tides, particularly after dark. Butterfly rays are still being caught during the day.

When shark fishing, I use a 4' 135lb test steel leader. The Sandtiger teeth is like a chainsaw, teeth everywhere. Use an 8/0 circle hook. Please be careful handling these larger sharks, you can get hurt quick.

I hope this helps, best of luck.

Thanks a lot...I'll be down soon. hope this weather still permits a little fishin