5 posts in this topic

Finally got my Wellcraft Coastal 270 to it's new home on Solomons Island yesterday. Left Virginia Beach about 10 am and got home about 2:30. Did a number of stops along the way to down some cold water, was dehydrated from the previous night, no comment, LOL!

Wasn't able to even get up to get the water, much less try to drink it due to how rough it was. Who says you stay dry in a "dry" boat, hahaha! Nothing over the large bow but kicked up water spray on the side that blew in with hard west winds.

The lower bay was wall-to-wall white caps and swells from the west wind. A really nice shake down and rattle trip.

Boat rode solid, had to keep it down to 18 knots though.

Got halfway up the bay and was able to go to economy cruise, 33.6 mph. Was able to open her up most of the way, but not full throttle for a couple of minutes in a smooth patch, got up to about 50.

Most of the electronics (Lowrance plotter/FF/radar) were useless, bouncing too mush to read the 10" screen, LOL!

Pretty much just used the paper chart and buoys.

Saw a patch of boiling water just north of Point Lookout, the southern tip of <acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland"><acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym>. Small Blues were tearing up the bait. The sonar painted a solid wall from top to bottom in 38'. Not a single rod on board. But hey, I had all my safety gear!

Had a visit from the Navy near Pax River. They had a temporary closure near where I was. No worries, I was just outside the area (whew).

Anyway, a couple pics of Das Boot.

5852a57d2cd89_Wellcraft270-1.jpg.de17a71

5852a57d32a52_Wellcraft270-2.jpg.ad1e4db

It's got a small galley with stove, microwave and sink, enclosed head with shower, stand-up live well, cleaning station, cutting boards and sink. A couple of big fish wells and lots of room on the deck for fishing.

Very nice Steve! When are we going fishing? :icon_pirat:

Anyone on the Eastern Shore that wants to go and split the fuel can be picked up at Fishing Creek, MD. It's about 8 miles across the bay for me to get there. A lot easier than ya'll driving to the Western Shore.

Looks good Steve!

I bet you'll never be without a rod again!