4 posts in this topic

Just moved to Annapolis from the eastern shore. Looking for some place to keep my boat for rock fish season. Just starting a new job so I don't have a lot of money, but I have a 26 foot deadrise thats fun for fishing if anyones looking to go. If you have any suggestions email me. mflisher@gmail.com

Im looking to pay no more than $100 a month..yeah I know its cheap.

Thanks

Pick up a local paper and see if anyone has a private slip behind their house or on their property.

You can pretty much bet that one won't be found in Annapolis.

Check Solomons Island. There are some no frills marinas there.

Do you have the option to keep it on a trailer and drop in to use? If so, it doesn't cost as much as a slip would. It would be better for your boat too.

I just put my Wellcraft 270 at Solomons, about $220 a month, but it's a full service marina with amenities. I don't have the trailer option.

If you keep it at home on a trailer, you can use a ramp for a lot less money. Sandy Point State Park (at the Chessie Bay Bridge) is a very good option, great ramp.

Thanks Steve,

don't have the trailer option, have been checking the papers and nothing has come up.

Any good fishing spots I can try over the weekend before I get my boat here?

For a trailer, look around the boat yards and places that sell new & used boats. They always have them sitting around.

You can go to Sandy Point, plenty of beach there. It's not pure "sand", more like tiny pebbles. Some young, tender feet may not do well on it, but maybe they will..

Just in case you have little ones coming with you, bring their shoes at least for the parking lot.

There is a point in the middle, it used to be a good spot, last I was there was 10 years ago though.