34 posts in this topic

Still pretty much the same fish being caught from the surf...snapper blues, kings, spot, flounder and sharks...reds are right around the corner.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Fished yesterday...1 very small shark and had two others that bent the rod but didn't pull any drag ...assumed the same size, very small. My buddy caught some kings.

Fished yesterday...1 very small shark and had two others that bent the rod but didn't pull any drag ...assumed the same size, very small. My buddy caught some kings.

What did you catch the kings on?

bunker bits capped with fishbites, bloodworm variety.

Went out Saturday night in north ocean city on the surf. First went out to northwood park to cast net some bait. Once i got my spot and mullet i headed out to the surf to try my luck. It didn't take long for my first hook up. Which was just a small croaker and then it was dead for about an hour. After that the kings were biting like crazy. I was using mostly small pieces of cut mullet. As soon as the bait hit the water they were striking it. I was super long casting and it seemed like they were all in 1 hole. I didn't have much luck with my other 2 poles besides some skate and small black tips. I also caught a few really small sea trout or weakfish not sure which one. I lost a bunch in the surf where the waves were breaking which i assumed were trout because of their weak lips. All and all it was a good night of fishing i had constant action for about 2 hours sometimes i even had to fish on 2 different poles. The know the Kingfish are in good numbers because i normally don't catch that many in 1 night. And they sure are tasty with a little butter and old bay.

On Saturday, went out on a flounder boat, got a keeper 18 in. it was in the bay. Had lots of fun my first keeper......

picture.php?albumid=125&pictureid=1291

Congrats on your first keeper flounder!

Nice one mjones! Keep at it, there are plenty more bigger ones waiting for you!

:D

Hey Scott that is the same bait I use for kings. Maybe going out tomorrow and see if I can catch some.....

went out monday and tue, only caught a few small dusky's, couple blue's and a few king's.

went out floundering tonight and got no bites... There was bait everywhere in the water. Also i was reading the headlines on yahoo last night and it was talking about extremely warm water temps and ocean city came in with an 88 degree reading at some point last week! also my bait guy found the bay water at 92degrees!!

Went out surfing this evening...lots of little pompano swimming with the waves right on the beach and then back out...clear and very warm water.

How are the jellyfish in the day is the water calm?:coffee:

How is the fishing on the on the 50 bridge?:dontknow:

:fish:

Any pictures of a king fish?... Did we catch a croaker last week? We are a young and growing family we have a need to know, we have fishing fever, Plese help, Thank you!

Delta 4 #1

Welcome to the site Delta.

The jellyfish don't seem to be around after the storm, thank god.

Here is a Kingie for ya.

HPIM06841-1.jpg

Is the fish in the fish in the picture also known as a Whiting?

Any limits in m.d.?

Is any one at O.C.? If so what are the waves like? :cool:

Thanks

The Delta 4's

Fished from the yak for a few hours yesterday and today behind AI. Lots of bait in the water and plenty of croakers, bluefish and a few flounder. Fun times!

Is any one at O.C.? If so what are the waves like? :cool:

Thanks

The Delta 4's

North of OC, but the waves aren't bad. held with 4 oz today. Incoming tide the sets will be a little bigger, but definately fishable.

Go gettum

Caught about 3 dozen blues on a rattle trap on the pier... There was tons of bait and blues jumping all ranged from 12-18in. At some points I was getting one every cast. Hopefully I can get a chomper tomorrow... Will post a few pics depending on how tomorrow goes.

Is the fish in the fish in the picture also known as a Whiting?

Any limits in m.d.?

Yes, its also called a whiting. I don't know of any limits on whiting.

according to the DNR web site, no limit on whiting (king fish). 14 inches is a citation...

Tight lines

went out monday, and tue, caught one 38" dusky monday and about half dozen blues tues, ranging from 14"-18" fun times, but ready for the drum. havent seen any shark with size to it in about 3 weeks now think it is time to start prepping for drum.