23 posts in this topic

Well the surf fishing has remained the same for a bit now. Bluefish, Croakers, Spot, Kingfish, Flounder and a few very small Pompano is still being caught in the surf. Big Sharks and Rays are still cruising the suds. Feel free to post your surf fishing or non-fishing reports here.

Have a great time and take a kid fishing:icon_salut:

As you read in the past report, Morty, Andy, And Myself with a freind all fished North of <ACRONYM title="Indian River Inlet"><ACRONYM title="Indian River Inlet"><ACRONYM title="Indian River Inlet"><ACRONYM title="Indian River Inlet">IRI</ACRONYM></ACRONYM></ACRONYM></ACRONYM> on Friday night. We caught some nice sharks. Finnatic was the first to leave then Andy packed up to head to the pier for some flounder. You will have to let me know how you did. Well shortly after they left I had layed back in my seat and grabbed a little shut eye. That is when my buddy woke me up to tell me that our big stick was screaming. About an hour later we landed this nice shark. After that we were beat and headed home. Andy, I also have some nice pictures of yours if you need them. Headed back to the beach on Sunday morning and struck gold with the kingfish. Loaded a half of cooler of them then started with the bluefish. Tried sharkin for a little while but only came up with with a couple of rays that my son had caught. really good day otherwise. Until next report, good fishing.

DSCN0943.JPG.63d242654570621ebf0f09304cd

DSCN0942.JPG.8c7751cb6ea2b9920cbecfab2a2

DSCN0941.JPG.c540629e8f497c85cb4ff680763

DSCN0947.JPG.9bd83526bbf0ff5582616524850

WTG Zak. Glad to hear you got into some kings. Nice pics as well

Way to go. We probobally should've headed North to where you guys were. thats a nice STiger......

We left work yesterday and hit the sand for a few hours in the evening. Caught some nice bluefish on mullet rigs and threw out a couple shark poles. The southeast wind must have pushed some of these fish in. Within one hour we had 4' sand tiger, 3.5' hammerhead, and lost three others. As night approached the bite slowed up and we didn't hang around. Go get them, they are out there.

FSCN0950.JPG.9db05416536f6098657327097cb

I am seeing lots of reports of smallish (for a hammerhead) in our surf. I looked back a couple years and either no one was reporting them or they are just showing up for some reason.

I think its only a very short matter of time until someone pulls a monster hammerhead out of the surf on the delmarva coast.

Fished north of the inlet today. I got a 16' Stinger in the surf.

HPIM1567-1.jpg

The poor guys was adrift and beached the boat just north of me. The boat took a beating and almost seperated the top mold from the bottom mold.

HPIM1565-1.jpg

HPIM1566-1.jpg

I tied my tow rope to the bow cleat to keep the bow to the surf and try to keep her from breaking up as well.

HPIM1566-1.jpg

Tow company came, dragged her up a little further with a backhoe and put her on a trailer.

HPIM1570-1.jpg

HPIM1572-1.jpg

HPIM1576-1.jpg

No one was hurt thank god and I was able to watch a beautiful sunset and a nice thunderstorm to the south.

HPIM1581-1.jpg

I did manage a 8' Sandtiger tonight

HPIM1587-1.jpg

Schweeet. Thats a nice shark reward for helping someone out.

Ill be down chunkin the beach this weekend.

Nice catch with the Stinger. You just don't catch those every day. What bait did you use or were you chumming? :icon_pirat: Glad no one was hurt. Nice sunset pict's as well. I really need to relocate my work closer to the beach. Thats part of my 2 year plan.

Great catch Morty.:icon_salut:I think this weekend may be a washout but call me when you are going again. I will try to get down a little early to get us some bait.

Went to the only beach opened in Delaware today. Had a great time catching plenty of fish. Blues, spot, kings and flounder were plentiful in the surf. The largest flounder was 17", but they put up a great fight.

Tried to do a little sharking. I had a big bait out all day. Nothing touched it, but crabs. Not one shark.:angry3:

Destiny and I headed out for a little quality time before school starts back up. We busted the blues like crazy. There was schools of Shiners up and down the beach all day, being torn up by blues. Everytime they came by, we had a little something for them. We burned them up on stingsilvers.

Cut spot on a T&B rig worked well too. No spot, croakers or kingies tho. Just before dusk, the blitz was on.:icon_pirat:

Nothing like watchin those schools move up and down the beach all day long..

Three weeks till vacation time........keep them fishies around a few more weeks......and I'll be down to chase them around....

Morty, what size stingsilvers were you using, 2oz?

Right on the money. Using white with a green stripe on the top, pink stripe on the bottom, with a silver relflector tape on the side. Great for Spanish as well.:eusa_dance:

Chris and I finished some work in Dewey and headed out to the surf for a bit. Nothing much was going on and I was surprised with the lack of action, because Monday it was on.

About an hour after we moved to another spot, all heck broke loose. There was huge fish thrashing the shiners just off the beach. Some were even in the surf. I said to Chris some looked like Spanish, he agreed.

The fish were in the 30+" range and the blitz lasted about 1/2 hour. There was 4 guys casting into the mix. All of us never landed a fish. Thats right NADA. We all got wiffed. We threw everything from stingsilvers to hopkins to gators to surface poppers and nothing.

It has been a long time since I have seena blitz like that and I have seen many. I have never worked so hard and got nothing. I got 3 hits and never hooked up. What a sight to hehold, let me tell you. I cannot descibe in words what I saw today. AMAZING

We did get bluefish, but the largest was only 16" and came on cut bait. Nothing like the monsters we saw thrashing in the surf today. I did manage to land a nice 5' Sandbar and almost got spooled, brfore the line broke.

That must have been awesome to see. Thanks for the report.

Ill be down on Conquest over Labor day weekend looking like a noob as usual. Man I can't wait! Maybe I'll manage my first fish from the surf...

Whew....that gets me excited.

I wonder, in that situation, if you had netted some of the bait in the wash that they were eating...if you could've hooked up??

When theres soo much natural forage around...its hard to get them to bite:dontknow: whats not the real deal.

I would've finally had a use for that big weighted trebble hook I carry in my tackle box for no reason !! LOL !!!!

That had to be cool to watch that, but frustrating at the same time.....I would've gone crazy....

The fish were in the 30+" range and the blitz lasted about 1/2 hour. There was 4 guys casting into the mix. All of us never landed a fish. Thats right NADA. We all got wiffed. We threw everything from stingsilvers to hopkins to gators to surface poppers and nothing.

Always wondered how bow fishing got started.......think I have an idea now.:icon_thumright:

Chris and I finished some work in Dewey and headed out to the surf for a bit. Nothing much was going on and I was surprised with the lack of action, because Monday it was on.

About an hour after we moved to another spot, all heck broke loose. There was huge fish thrashing the shiners just off the beach. Some were even in the surf. I said to Chris some looked like Spanish, he agreed.

It has been a long time since I have seena blitz like that and I have seen many. I have never worked so hard and got nothing. I got 3 hits and never hooked up. What a sight to hehold, let me tell you. I cannot descibe in words what I saw today. AMAZING

We did get bluefish, but the largest was only 16" and came on cut bait. Nothing like the monsters we saw thrashing in the surf today. I did manage to land a nice 5' Sandbar and almost got spooled, brfore the line broke.

It drove me nuts, like Finn said we threw or arms off and they wouldn't hit a thing:cussing::cussing:The last time I seen a blitz like that it was in Hatteras but we caught those fish. As soon as this weather is out of here I'm after them again!!

To bad I missed the blitzes but I was having fun with the king salmon.

IMG_4340.JPG.392fed0371d66895cc1b5cf3db8

IMG_4337.JPG.392af223abbe91498fb2d5ed324

IMG_4334.JPG.ad9ae6c5ea3e0c771c802a26939

IMG_4332.JPG.1ad8da76bbf9d2b8671a9d24281

IMG_4315.JPG.2cb12805837cca61330b7db2572

IMG_4269.jpg.9d9fca44a53795a20e0d02d422c

IMG_4250.JPG.3363c068bd35514d277a9202f67