3 posts in this topic

What's up guys just got back from my first salt water fishing trip in OC in over 2 years. Just thought I'd let you all know how I did. Got into the inlet about 7 am started fishing casting Gotcha plugs, bucktails, and Gulp swimming mullets. Did not even get a bite. Moved on down towards the pier because I saw the flounder boat drifting down along the rocks. Caught a small sea bass (5 inches) on a minnow at about 10am. Caught My first sheepshead on a piece of squid shortly after :). Finally ventured out on the Oceanic pier at about 11am. Started fishing and My baits were just getting murdered by small blue fish. Eating the heads off my minnows, rippin the squid right of the hook, and biting the tails of my gulps. At about 12:30pm I hooked into my first flounder (16 1/2). Then boom boom 2 more (12 and 13 inches). Caught 2 casting out to the edge of the current and the calm water. The other I caught right of the pier, just dropped a jig head with squid minnow combo straight down. Then they out smarted me a went back to stealing my bait. Headed home around 2pm burnt up, beaten, and tired. Forgot the most important thing......sunblock!!!

Now you are learning!

Sounds like a good day,

A long sleeve white shirt and a buff would be a good idea, along with a hat and sunglasses.

Going out tomorrow?

You put in your time and keep working at like you did and inlet fishing usually will pay off.good day of fishing.