1 post in this topic

There is nothing like fishing the same areas you did when you were a kid. I don’t want to say how long ago that was but it’s nice to go back to where it all started.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Downtown, city limits what ever you want to call it. It’s the area of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>Jacksonville</st1:City> <st1:State>Florida</st1:State></st1:place> where my father always fished so I guess you could say it’s my old stomping grounds! From Large mouth Bass to Trout to Reds and about anything depending on the salinity of the water.

<o:p> </o:p>

Starting in late June the shrimp start moving from south of <st1:City><st1:place>Jacksonville</st1:place></st1:City> in the St. Johns river towards the ocean and the docks, bulk heads and bridges are loaded with all kinds of fish. Let’s face it what doesn’t love a fresh shrimp!

On a trip last week we float fished a few spots in the down town area of <st1:City><st1:place>Jacksonville</st1:place></st1:City> with live shrimp and we must have caught over 40 nice Speckled Trout. Another good thing about down town is its 5 minutes from my house and there is never any pressure. I’m not saying it doesn’t get fished but not by very many people. I would say it’s mostly people like my self that grew up fishing that area.

When we have a lot of rain you can work the same area and catch some really nice Black Bass AKA Large mouth and I’ll post some pictures from a trip I did yesterday next week where we caught 8 nice Bass.

Tight lines Capt. James Howard Jacksonville Florida (904)651-9557

www.gofishjax.com

IMG_0416.jpg.df50e3bac4cd7568db6235bc56d

IMG_0417.jpg.1120d06ad576b50ff88fd62ca11

IMG_0418.jpg.cb9d8ba834c7bb7df80e553dda0

IMG_0428.jpg.5a616637682ceaa5a21a58dc877