esoxangler

Today I Became a Better Fisherman!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Phil, it is 4X4, yes?????

Purdy little Toy though....

Yea Steve it is. Gonna be down next week and give her a run on the sand.

You'll never get all the sand from under it, but hose it down pretty good. Some ppl use a oscillating sprinkler, that's ok, but use a straight stream to get it out of the brakes and such. Keep a good eye out for debris that could puncture your tires.

Very nice truck Phil...do what Steve says...hose her down.

You should see my truck...rust developing everywhere, leaking roof, scratched windows from the sand from winding up and down the windows, window motor not working (I guess I don't have to worry about scratching that window), dents from all the DANG deer on 611, tires all bald and screwed up from not airing back up properly, and I think I have more sand in the truck then what is on AI...and its only a 2004. To say the least, I haven't taken care of my truck. I guess I gave up on my truck after hitting the third deer...BTW, two of the deer actually hit the side of the truck and they got up and walked away....Hey, still runs great tho!

Dang Scott, the rust and leaking parts sound like a Dodge....

There aren't many ppl that spend as much time in the sand & salt as Scott though, darn sure a good reason for some of the issues.

I have 6 years on mine, no rust yet.

Thanks for the help guys. I do need the pointers! I have heard about the sprinkler under the truck. Steve you just go with the hose???

I gotta keep this truck clean. No sign of rust anywhere and was kept very clean. It's a 2003 with 46,400 miles. Single owner. Clean carfax.

One problem I am gonna have is I will need a cap and ladder rack for business. I really like the ski racks you guys have and gotta figure out a way to fasten the rods and maybe spikes on top on the ladder rack.....

Yep, I use the hose only. I reach under as far as I can with it. I work my way back, making sure I get inside and outside the frame rail, on top of the front pumpkin, etc, all the way back.

Don't leave the poles in the ski rack, most don't lock and those that do, do so with a cheap lock. It's fine for transporting though.

Congrats on the addition! Me thinks the spend will pay off with your first AI Red.

another good tip, don't be afraid to wash from under the hood down...lots of sand blows up and settles in there.

Coop, almost worth having a beach only vehicle when you spend so much time out there...tough to destroy a new vehicle but stuff happens...

Thanks Ben!

I still got a little sharkin' to do next week before the reds show up but you can bet if I don't catch a red this year it won't be because I'm not out there trying!

I am so excited about this it's crazy. :blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

Just having the rest of the island to work with is gonna be great! Fishing the walkovers can be tough. But there are lots of fish there....

I sure won't miss hauling my gear on that beach cart anymore!

Coop, almost worth having a beach only vehicle when you spend so much time out there...tough to destroy a new vehicle but stuff happens...

Yep, thats what it is now...beach vehicle....and a deer magnet.