13 posts in this topic

Sorry this is pretty off topic but i was on the dnr's website and supposedly there is a new law where alcohol is only allowed on certain parts of state parks?? would this pertain to assateague OSV, because i'm going down this weekend to do some fishing and i'm not exactly trying to get fined. just wondering if anyone knows anything about this, thanks

assateague OSV is in the NATIONAL park, not the state park.

The VA side of assateague has banned alchol as well, so stay in the MD side.

oh ok, thanks i appreciate the information

No prob! Have fun fishin!!!

If you remain cool you will have no problems,NO BOTTLES,glass is a no-no.Contain your trash(empty cans).I like to drink beer,and use a cooler cup and keep all cans in a trash bag in your vehicle,carry them out.Leave only your footprints.

If you remain cool you will have no problems,NO BOTTLES,glass is a no-no.Contain your trash(empty cans).I like to drink beer,and use a cooler cup and keep all cans in a trash bag in your vehicle,carry them out.Leave only your footprints.

I have never heard of the no glass or bottle rule........ Must be a state park thing.

All that the national park side states to the best of my knowledge is" no open containers in vehicles".

Other then that there has been many of time that I have had rangers look in my cooler to check on fish and have never said a word about bottles, and trust me I stock a lot of bottles in my cooler. :happy7:

This thread is NOT off-topic.

These are things you need to know and you are asking.

That's the right thing to do!

Nah, no worries about bottles.

I have Fed park employees stop by all the time, and I'm usually holding a "bottle", hehehe.

You won't drive into <acronym title="Virginia">VA</acronym> on Assateague (<acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>) from <acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym>, huge cables and pilings all the way across the island keep you from even thinking about it.

Just don't get crazed with the brews, be respectful, drive only in the designated areas, no dunes or back flats, clean up and ENJOY!!

Will you be fishing?

well it's been over a week but we ended up catching a little 14" shark, i didn't even know it was on the line until i pulled it in, hahah. my buddy caught some kind of ray, it had a prickly back to it and was dark in color. and also right around 4:30 we hooked into something big, at least for my standard. it ended up ripping the hook right off the walmart chinese leader that i used like an idiot.

I took some pictures but i was borrowing my mom's camera and i have to get her to send me them, all in all it was good times to be had

That's what it is all about, having fun and learning.

it's actually quite a funny story about that ray, my buddy was taking the baits out on his windsurf board and the line got caught around the fin of the board and all tangled up, he ended up tying the line to a piece of firewood and 2 hours later he brings it in and there's the ray hooked on the oak. the picture is funny

Hey, why not?

Use whatever ya can for a weight, so long as it doesn't hurt the environment.

You can look up the type of Ray in the Fish ID section here on this board.