31 posts in this topic

Hard to believe its August already...Before you know it, the reds will be here...Still plenty of sharks for some hard pullage and the usual summer time fish. Feel free to post your reports here...fish or no fish.

Don't want to start this one off negatively, but yesterday wasn't soo productive for me. After starting out late and sitting in traffic to get down to AI, I then sat in line to get out there:BangHead:. Beach access was over 20 vehicles deep. I managed to pull in one king as big as my thumb. Lesson learned, I won't come late again...

I can't wait to get back out there and try that one over.

Beautiful water and weather though.

Will be on the sand Tuesday morning (today) at 3 am until?????

Top of the OSV, spare yak on board if anyone has the urge.

Hope the surf is laid down enough to yak out some baits..

Don't want to start this one off negatively, but yesterday wasn't soo productive for me. After starting out late and sitting in traffic to get down to <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>, I then sat in line to get out there:BangHead:. Beach access was over 20 vehicles deep. I managed to pull in one king as big as my thumb. Lesson learned, I won't come late again...

I can't wait to get back out there and try that one over.

Beautiful water and weather though.

Try a weekday. Much different. :)

Tell me about it. I was out the week prior Tues Wed & Thurs. The only things I saw were fish on my hook and fox on the beach.

went out monday, with the only thing caught for me was a skate, and a 48" wide butterfly ray, tue, landed a 58" sandbar, and a 20" sandbar, did have a visitor though, i will let the pics speak for themself, going out again tomorrow, full moon and high tide at sharkin hour.

DSC03505_800x533.JPG.294f7f0d717104911c6

DSC03513_800x533.JPG.06966923c2a51755e93

nice catch! man i want to get back up there and do the AI thing again....

that fox looks pretty healthy hope he had a good plover season/:angel7:

I had the same thought.

:eusa_pray:

the fox had no fear of me that is for sure, he let me get within 5 feet of him to snap the photo, as for fishin, went out yesterday and had two takedowns, both lost, one broke the line and the other spit the hook, i got jumpy and didnt let him fully take the bait. heading back out monday.

Late post.

Arrived at <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym> about 0300 Tuesday.

Had a SB on at 0730, only 3-4'.

Couple more peel-offs but no hook set, must have spit it out.

Too rough to yak, surfers had some great conditions though.

Big water at both bars and the surf break.

Saw someone catch something bait size and that was it.

Left at 1730, rag-tired.

That might be one of the last trips to <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym> this year, going to start Bull Chark hunting in the Chessie on the 19th.

That Fox wasn't neally scared of me either, this was him last week during the new moon. All I saw were glowing eyes from my little bon fire.:eusa_shifty:

5852a57b2d705_resizedcopyoffox.jpg.d56ee

Fishngrl422 and I fished the Ocean City inlet last night looking for some bait to use for sharking. The rail was pretty crowded when I got there. Nobody was catching a thing. I was seeing all types of lures being used and even some people trying to soak bait.

I ended up catching 3 snapper blue all around 14" and one baby blue that was smaller than my gotcha plug. I tried almost every lure in my box, but all fish hits came on the gotcha plugs.

After a couple hours of being there my wife and I were the only ones left (except those close to and on the jetty). Other than the 3 blues I ended up catching, I didn't see another fish caught the entire night by anyone.

Went to <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM> Friday night got 3 bites and 3 hook had a good night, and gave some blood too.. bug were bad. Watched the fox and the horses on the beach under the bright moon.

100_1418.jpg.0f9efdce090f9dfec62d25a6d7f

100_1421.jpg.126cfb4dd92af21e3f4efe8a81e

100_1427.jpg.5a4481246a35ef41cff532ccd4a

96 degrees and 2 pints of blood lost in 20 minutes.screw that winds goin easterly soon hopefully.

Kind of a late report....caught 5 kingfish and a blue on Saturday. Nothing big but big enough for the frying pan. Oh yeah...at Assateague

My buddy just picked up a Dusky on a live eel off the south beach on AI. I was wondering if a live eel would be better than a head?

I will be on AI starting Friday morning for 10 days, white cummins with Jayco camper, stop by if anyone's parched and needs a beer. Hopefully I will be able to pick up a shark or two.

Late post, but went out on last tues. weds. and friday for some sharks. Yaked the baits out each night. A little rough the first two nights and only two hits on weds...no hook ups. Friday was much calmer and changed up the the way i hooked the bait. Pulled in one sand tiger(first shark) after a 40 minute fight brought him close but while trying to grab his tailside he broke the line. Bout a 6 footer.

way to go mjones, later report myself, went out monday with one dusky at 50" also a big cownose ray 44" wide, only fished 4 hours.

Finger mullet are starting to show in the bay. We got 5 or so Saturday and caught three keeper flounder on them... Also on Monday night I saw them popping every where in the west channel. As for the pier there gas been schools of blue sitting right off of the front eating the shiners I only hooked a few snappers but I saw a few 20-25in flashes deeper down under the shiners. Hopefully we can get some more mullet this weekend and get a few flatties so I can post a pic of something...

fished 330 -630. mile past bullpen, yakked em out, one hookup, line chafed on the sandbar. gone... Thinkin of putting 100 yrds of heavy braid on my reels now.

Sorry for the dumb question here guys, but last time I was out (couple weeks ago) with an East 5 mph wind, the skeeters were coming through my jean to suck me dry! And that was with 40% deet. My only cover was to hide in the crashing waves. While I understand it can change on a dime, anyone have a beach skeeter report in this current wind.

went out floundering this morning and when we were about to leave i hooked up this 20in flounder on a tail hooked minnow.

flounder.jpg.762ec3bb91d41425405fff5d6bd

Nice catches.

Dave, that must be the healthiest looking fox I've ever seen on AI. Good shot.

Brandon, how long have you been tail hooking those minnows? Nice catch.