42 posts in this topic

Summer is on it way to winding down with the onset of August. There is alot of great fishing to be had. Blues, Spot, Trout, Croakers, Flounder and Kingfish are being taken in the suds. Huge Sharks and Rays are still being caught up and down the coast. Please be careful handling these beautiful creatures. They can be very dangerous if you are not use to handling them. With that said, feel free to post your reports here and have a great time in the suds.:happy7:

Had a great start to August. We camped out at Conquest rd and avoided the majority of the crowd. Couldn't get a fish on the hook if we paid them but we watched a couple unknown fellows down the beach catch about 6 sharks before I had to go down and take a couple pictures. These fellows were busy, I watched them land 2 sharks at a time on 2 seperate occasions.

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=1187

Well not to be skunked, my wife brought in this nice monster below just as we were fixin to break camp. These lil pups sure are pretty.

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=1188

Chris and I fought the ridiculous traffic on Sat to do a little sharlin that night. I get a call from Andy saying he is leaving the Canal and headed south. He tells me traffic is bumper to bumper. Oh well, I was already in route tongue0006gif-1.jpg

Get to 3R's about 10 hours after leaving the house and Andy is set up north. Chris beat me to 3R's and said there is a nice spot for me next to the "candy store" happy0199gif-1.jpg . He was parked next to trimlc who saved us a spot to fish for a bit. I pull up and try for some spot and kings first thing. Nothing doing, only blues for me and Chris. Mark (trimlc) and his better half, along with his "surf fishing virgin" who got a nice shark, left for the evening. It was good to wet a line with you guys once again.

Sharks started to move in and I call Andy, he came down to join in the fun. I got 2, Destiny got 1, Chris got 2 and Andy missed a nice run off. Hunter lands a nice 4' Sandbar with a little help from pop. I knew the bite would be a little better up north. We packed up during the bewitching hour in hopes of bigger sharks.

Got to the spot and it didn't take long, I was hooked up in minutes. Landed a nice Sandbar over 5'. Got a secong run and broke it off. Chris lands a nice Dusky over 5'. Andy gets a run off and dropped it.

I went to masterbait for a bit and it sounded like all hell broke loose while I was gone. Andy and Chris were hooked up at the same time tongue0006gif-1.jpg . Chris lost his and Andy landed a nice Sandbar over 5'.

I get back and Destiny says, dad I think I got a bite. I looked at it and something was nibbling, but soon left it. I put the rod down and slack was knocked in the line. I pick it back up and set the hook. I handed it to Destiny and it was on. She fought it for quite some time and landed a nice 5' Dusky happy0199gif-1.jpg

We had a few more bites. I got broke off again. Chris almost gets spooled. I almost get spooled and Andy almost slept through it all tongue0006gif-1.jpg .

It was a great afternoon and night with plenty of blues and sharks to go around. Destiny and Hunter ate everything in the truck and was up until 3 am when we left. As soon as the truck was on the road, the kids fell asleep. We got a couple cute shots of them knocked out.

Here is a few pics from today. Chris will add a few as well, I am sure tongue0006gif-1.jpg

HPIM1517-1.jpg

HPIM1519-1.jpg

HPIM1520-1.jpg

HPIM1523-1.jpg

HPIM1524-1.jpg

HPIM1525-1.jpg

HPIM1526-1.jpg

HPIM1527-1.jpg

HPIM1528-1.jpg<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR align=left width=250 SIZE=1>What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just another one of your fakes? Your the pretender !!! What if I say that I'll never surrender? Who are you?

DMS 67

AMSA 1298

NCBBA 12762

DSC 44

OBPA

UMS Delegate

CHAC 1545

Nice evening!

Sun, heat, and action...

A perfect way to knock the young 'uns out! :D

Now that looks like a picture of finality! LOL!

You sure wore him out!

I knew I shouldn't have left Saturday night.....although I had no choice. I could have stayed the whole night through again....darn.

Looks like a great night!! Good sharin the sand with you guys...ill be back down in two weeks.

Friday night got on the beach about 2:00 a.m. and pulled an allnighter. Immediately had bites while I was tryin to set up my other rods....but had left the only rod with bait on it to my "newbie" partner. He got slack in the line on two fish and they got off...so I took over. I had a couple "bluefishy" taptaptaps...and hooked 'em ...but they dropped off. Was using 16/0 circles....and felt some tail action while they were hooked. Probobally could have sized down the hook and got them...but I was sharkin.

about 4:00 to 5:00 ish had two killer runs, but both snapped me. the first one pulled out my crimp at the hook (so I retied and double-crimped everything), and the second one broke my shock leader off. Dang. Things slowed up immediately after sunrise, except for numerous kings and spot.

After Chris and Morty showed up with their mojo...things picked up...as you read from their above posts. Got a 3.5 foot spinner just before leavin at 5-6:00 ish.

sharks are there....kings are in....and some bluefish mixed in......go get em!!:icon_rr:

Many thanks to everyone that has shared information on this site. I have learned a great deal from you as well as my own trial and ERROR. Saturday afternoon, after three unsuccessful trips this summer, I caught my first shark. My wife and I were celebrating our 40th birthdays on the beach and I did not have my brother/shark team, but a great guy stepped up and helped with the line and release.

"Toothy" was caught on fresh bunker taken out about 200 yards on a kayak.

The 5ft Sand Tiger Shark hit the sand at ~2:00. We were fishing at Conquest.

Awesome Birdsnest!! What a way to celebrate your 40ths!!

Time on the beach is all it takes...thats the beauty of it. No magic potion. No fudgin. No talkin your way into a fish. Just determination and a love for fishing. Youll notice the best have it in their blood...its like pullin teeth to get 'em off the beach.

Keep up the good work.

Had to go do a little baitfishing tonight. I stopped by the pier to get some fresh bait. The pier was packed tonight:evil3:.

I got some spot and croakers and hit the surf. It didn't take long. I got 2 Sandtigers about 4 1/2 feet. Two more sharks, one about 5 foot and another at 67". I was out of bait after that and headed home.

We Headed out to Woodland beach to hit the evening tide but their were a bunch of goof balls down at the surf line so we walked out the pier. While I was rigging up my wifes new pole she caught a nice lil cat on my rod.

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=1189

Finally got her set up and the people had moved off the end of the pier and had left a bunch of trash so I bagged up their garbage and someone left me a nice pack of fresh spot. Put the spot on and picked up a nice striper almost immediatly. The wife was to excited to take a shot and it happened so fast. I just about had it over the rail and she jumped out of the net and snapped my line. My best estimate was from deck to my belt which is about 37 inches. Had a few more small cats after that before the skeeters got severe.

Went to the CHSP Pier and loaded up on spot and croaker. Headed out to the suds for a bit with the fresh bait:icon_wink: and had some nice hook ups. Of course, there is always the story of the one that got away. I will spare all of you the details, but I would have loved to put my hands on that monster. Fought it for over an hour and finally shreaded the leader.

fished 3r's on wednesday night...everyone had a chance to reel in one of these scrappy fighters...4 sharks total...couple blues and a king fish......we also had around 5 break-offs.....:bs:

picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=1197picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=1192picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=1195

picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=1194

Nice Sharks!!!

Just think in another month everyone is going to be posting pics of all those red drum being caught!!!!! I can't wait.

I sure hope I'm one of them, can't wait either!

Fought it for over an hour, holy catfish!!!! I can't come down this weekend, I can't come down this weekend, I can't come down this weekend. I keep telling myself that we'll see if it holds up.

Fought it for over an hour, holy catfish!!!! I can't come down this weekend, I can't come down this weekend, I can't come down this weekend. I keep telling myself that we'll see if it holds up.

You got my number if things change:eusa_dance:

Of course, there is always the story of the one that got away. I will spare all of you the details, but I would have loved to put my hands on that monster. Fought it for over an hour and finally shreaded the leader.

Thats what I like to hear. Not of the breakoff....but just the fact that sometimes we have no idea what is out there. I am glued to the TV this week- Sharkweek (obviously...) and I was watching where there was a 9.5 ft bull that attacked a swimmer in VA beach. We really aren't that far away!

I just hate not seeing the fish, ya know? Who knows...could have been a "rogue white".

Looking forward to seeing you out there this weekend. Should be fishing from 5pm-10am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

This is my last weekend before heading back down to school, so we will see what happens!

Ben Dziwulski

God bless

Ben,

I have a DMS meeting at Savages Ditch Rd Sat. around noon. I will try to make it down to see you before you are off again.:eusa_dance:

Destiny and I went to 3R's looking for some bait for sharkin tonight. Got some blues and nothing else. Met Fishinzak, who gave us some bunker for bait. We decided to head north of the inlet to meet up with Chris. Wasn't much happening there either.

All of the sudden all hell broke loose in the surf. Fish were boiling everwhere. I grabbed a stingsilver and it was on. Every cast we were hooked up with bluefish. The blitz only lasted for 20 minutes, but we busted them up.

We must have lost 3 times as many as we caught, but man what a blast we had. I was handing the rod to Destiny and then to Hunter, then it was my turn again. I haven't had that much fun busting fish since this spring in the inlet. happy0199gif-1.jpg

HPIM1545-1.jpg

After the Blitz we had a moment to rest and reflect on our great surprise catch. Just as we were talking, Chris' rod goes off and fights a huge Sandtinger to the surf. It bit the leader in too. angrygif-1.jpg

We go to the back on my truck to pinch some crimps for another set up, when I see my rod dance. Just as I set the hook, Chris' rod goes off. We did the Buxton Suffle in Delaware tonight crossing and uncrossing lines. Chris looses his in the surf and I land a fat 6' 10" Sandtiger.

HPIM1547-1.jpg

HPIM1546-1.jpg

Fishinzak and his buddy showed up after all the action was over. We were sitting talking when Zaks rod goes off and his buddy goes to set the hook and after a few seconds the line broke. There is more out there for ya fellas, stick with it. Goos to meet you Zak and thanks for the bait. See you tomorrow.

I had to pack it up, because Destiny has soccer tryouts in the morning, but we will be out there doing it again tomorrow. tongue0006gif-1.jpg

Beach bound in just over 3 hours :) I can't wait....its time to get on the sand :)

Frustrating day at 3'rs. Fished the morning tide and couldn't catch anything but a hard time from tourist. All day with the radios and casting directly over my lines etc.

Finally the tourist left and shortly before dark fish started biting. We caught and released a good count of 12 -14 inch flounder and small croaker. The only thing I was getting hits on was chunks of bunker cast half way to Jersy.

Turned out to be a good day. I will say that I love my new tica 11'6 rod and Okuma EF 80a reel. Smooth, solid as a rock, precise and cast a mile.

Yepper, best time to fish is when the sun is headin' down and the tourons are headin' out.