8 posts in this topic

i know it is still early for drum but i would like give it a try this year. about when do the big reds start running and do you have a good chance on ai / md ? thanks steve

you should start looking for reds on Ai around the end of sept.

1st full moon in Sept...should mean some earlier reds the way it falls this year.

They could show anytime at the beginning of September...and peaks sometime around the end of September and drops off the very beginning of October...but you never really know.

I will wait for the mullet to show 1st, then a good NE 2nd and then start seeing what the pups do...., but I am thinking about it already and stockpiling rigs!

Need to pour some more lead as well!:3gears:

thanks for the input. i take it that you can use same type rig as used for stripers short leadered f/f rigs w/ chunks? hope i can find some time to make it down in sept.

thanks for the input. i take it that you can use same type rig as used for stripers short leadered f/f rigs w/ chunks? hope i can find some time to make it down in sept.

Yes you are correct!

I will wait for the mullet to show 1st, then a good NE 2nd and then start seeing what the pups do...., but I am thinking about it already and stockpiling rigs!

Need to pour some more lead as well!:3gears:

definitely a different start to it south of the bay, up here it is spawn related down there more food and migration back to OBX.

Getting started up here on reels, rigs etc myself.