5 posts in this topic

Hit Back Bay yesterday in the mid to late afternoon with my 7-year old Adam in tow. Met up with Bucket and his friend Jason for a few of hours of fishing the refuge. The wind was wipping pretty good almost the entire time from the SW. We were getting sand blasted big time, but it did not deter our effort.

Adam wound up catching close to a dozen spot and one croaker using fishbite bloodworm and crab. Bucket and Jason also caught quite a number of spot, one nice roundhead and one taylor blue. We cut up the spot and blue and threw it out on our heavers and the crabs were loving it. Bucket had a brief run on a fresh spot head, but when he went to set the hook it broke thru 100lb test!!!

All in all a nice afternoon/early evening with some pullage.

Darryl

Hey Schmitty,

Great to fish with you and Adam AKA the fishin' machine again!

And that would be more like "bitten thru" :help: on that 100lb mono. So Ol'Dixie Steve scored some wire for just such summer fair :icon_rr:

Game on :evil1:

toothy critter `bucket

Got some 10/0 Mustad's with 135# seven strand all crimped up and ready for a spot head!

Hey Steve ,

If I remember it was just a month or so ago you were giving me lip about the rig I had on my 12 footer with the 10/0 and the 8" wire leader ......................There are some nice toothy critters out there !!!