5 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck with the puppy drum in the Potomac up by the 301 bridge? Last year I hooked up on a 14 inch one and got me curious. If anyone has ever had any luck I would love to know. I tried to catch these fish in Florida forabout a year and did not have much luck. I seemed to forget them when I caught my first rockfish. Catching that small redfish brought back the urge to catch a keeper red. Any info will be appreciated.

I have caught small Stripers there, but I was not aware of the Pups.

Yah. I was fishing with a trout rod off my pier for small spot, and other little bait fish and hooked up on it using pieces of worm. Surprised the heck out of me. If there are small ones there has to be larger ones. Right?

Not necessarily, but....... :confused:

The water may not be the proper salinity, ph, temp, whatever.

I haven't read of any being caught there, and I've fished this region for decades.

But not everything is reported on every web forum...

Well if I catch any I will post the pics as soon as I do. Although, I will not spend to much time on them. I want to make the trip down to Reedville to go after the Spanish. Have not caught one of those for about 3 years now. At the same time I have not tried to.