7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am doing research for a North Carolina author, Diane Chamberlain. Her work-in-progress contains a bit on fishing on the Cape Fear River.

Diane needs to know if the below paragraph is accurate. If anyone can help me by reading it and letting me know if it is accurate, I would really appreciate it.

"Well," Tully said as he added some wood to the smoker, "depends on the season and where you're fishing. If I had my boat, I could get to the river and I could get us some bigger fish. But there's plenty of good fishin' here. Catfish, shad, striped bass. Herring, though Simmee don't like it." He smiled to himself. "She ain't fussy about much, but herring ain't her cup of tea. The black crappie you can get fishin' off the bank. They're dumb as twigs. They'll latch onto your hook even if you ain't got nothin' on it."

LOL... Sounds good to me. Not sure if Simmee like's herring though... :)

Hey, guys, since you are such experts, can you help me on something else? Lol

If you were using one of those 'chimneys' in a charcoal grill out in the wilderness and did not have any charcoal--or very little of it--what else might you add to it in order to grill some fish? :angel3: