6 posts in this topic

Hey,

Anybody going to be fishing in Va Beach surf on the nights of the 17th, 18th, or 19th of August. I'll be there around 25th street after work trying my luck on the beach. Would welcome advice. Looks like high tides will range from 7:00p.m. on Monday to 9:00p.m. on Wednesday. I really want to give the surf a try, but am I wasting my time? Should I just go to the pier.

Hey,

Anybody going to be fishing in Va Beach surf on the nights of the 17th, 18th, or 19th of August. I'll be there around 25th street after work trying my luck on the beach. Would welcome advice. Looks like high tides will range from 7:00p.m. on Monday to 9:00p.m. on Wednesday. I really want to give the surf a try, but am I wasting my time? Should I just go to the pier.

I like the surf better than the pier. Pier is good, but gets crowded. Been seeing some med size reds caught from the beach the past few weeks.

you should be able to get into some sharks. Read up and make sure you have the right gear.

Thanks for the responses. I'll being trying the solitude of the surf with a couple different rigs. I have the right shark gear, just a little intimidated about the whole release thing. How long should those hook pullers actually be?

I use a cheap pair of 10" channel locks.

Works great!

Shallow water there with the sand replenishment...better off making the run to Back Bay/Sandbridge. About 20 minutes from the oceanfront.