Sam

What About Fishing...

19 posts in this topic

What about Fishing do you enjoy the most?

Relaxing and spending time with friends and family.

Of course, the catch is a wonderful feeling... However, I must say that the preparation for a fishing trip is incredibly exciting for me. I love making sure everything is checked off my list, knowing I have to go get a few items from the tackle shop and so on.

I also really look forward to fishing with my kids.

Samuel-testing-my-reel.jpg.c0b121c778ad7

For me it's lots of things:

1. The serenity of being out on the water -- all my worries disappear!

2. The chance to work on my tan!

3. The exercise of reeling in a big fish!

4. The comrade of spending time with family/friends.

5. The pictures, that I can post on Facebook

6. The bragging about your catch

7. The enjoyment of eating fresh fish!

wow, tuff ? Sam, for me, it's the gathering of Friends who enjoy the same passion....the "pop" of a rigger clip and the screaming of a 50W:happy5:

there's something almost holy about being hooked to a 30yr old red with your feet in the sand.

Other fishing is enjoyable for me, but chasing reds in a challenging environment is some of the most difficult and rewarding fishing you can do.

PICT0018.jpg.8e7d48e8731893cd8fd4ac78c64

1 person likes this

just getting back in touch with nature, and the occasional fighting something big in the surf at night. meeting up with good friends without having to say a word to each other knowing we are all there for the same reason. and most of all the serenity of it.

Being able to drink a beer and puff on a cigar with friends while gazing at the stars without being chastised by the public. Catching a swimming critter ain't too bad either....

Fishing & Hunting are the only two real sports... Everything else is just a game. :icon_pirat:

Making memories for my kid that will last a lifetime.

The cigar and beer part isn't too bad either.

No phone..no work..no stress..i could go on and on. I feel like i can "reset" myself every time i'm on the water. I agree with mega bite too, hunting is the same for me as well. I am lucky enough to have a wife that enjoys the same things about fishing that i do, and can not wait to get my son out there. I just need to get her in the duck blind and i'd have it made!!!

Anticipation of the hook-up, the hook-up. Trying to figure out what is on the other end before you can see it. Uh, the Hook-up should go first. #1

Sam,

You have it right, fishing with your kids is an awesome experience, even when you know they have a bigger fish on the line than you do! :) The amazing smiles on their faces, the thrill you get from their excitement, hanging on the beach at night and counting the shooting stars.

Also, smoking a cigar without worrying about offending anyone, beer in hand, and a touch of Jack Daniels under the hood.... ;-)

Being away from reality if for only a couple of ours, spending time with family and the look and reaction on the faces when they get to reel in a fish. Just being at the beach and listening to ocean with a line in the water and knowing the kids and wife love it as much as I do...

It makes me me feel alive and happy.

That about says it all... :)

being out with friends and or family to just kick back and enjoy nature. Sam i have to agree with ya the getting ready part is exciting.

It's in my blood. Love the environment. The fresh air, sunshine or not, and the vast body of water is alive and makes me feel the same way. Catching a fish now and then just adds to the excitement.