2 posts in this topic

hey all, just looking to see if anyone can give me a good place to buy bait and surf fish in the kill devil hills area, i will be down around sept 21 thru 24, prefer any area that allows 4wd access, not lookin for a honey hole just access with my truck or a place i can get to easily, maybe for some sharkin and possible a red drum, thanks in advance for all your input.

good time of year, look for drum north of carolla to nags head pier, NE winds, harder the better , piers mostly from kitty hawk to nags head as beach acc is limited and fishing will be better from piers. north of corolla will be best if beach fishing is what you want, just please stay away 50ft from any wild horse, fines will be given out to anybody who gets too close, new law this summer . also leave 30ft from your truck to the water as no roads up there and a rite-of way is needed from waters edge for those who live in carova, fire dept, ect, enforced also. if you fish up in the northern beaches take everything you will need as not much up there except in carolla, TWs in kitty hawk or nags head about best place to get bait. mullet, or bunker works well this time of year. please use hi vis line as other fishermen will like you a bunch, good fishin. fishhungrybastard.com check out before you visit, we live here.