7 posts in this topic

I had my three nephews Logn, Jeffrey, and Jacob up from Norfolk for about three weeks. We really hooked up on some nice Largemouth in the lake behind my house in Ebb Tide Beach (Colonial Beach area). Throughout the three weeks I had to sacrifice some gear for them to catch these fish. They broke one rod in half, lost two reels of line, about 20 lures, and tons of hooks. How else are they going to learn though? To see a kids face after they catch a fish is one of the best feelings, especially if they caught a huge one.

We also caught a bunch of Croaker in the Potomac off of Colonial Beach on the 4th of July. I found a ledge and anchored up on it. We used a traditional bottom rig. My boat, The Pepirmint Patty did well!

untitled.JPG.14372dcecd480ac932becdeecaa

Logn.JPG.7ab52aba804087b98220c741f598b8e

Jeff.JPG.8b583c2f15f1ee5da1fb834d5aec9d1

5852a57887925_3lblargemouth.JPG.62af9c72

5852a5788d8f5_RobBigBass.JPG.b5b3b627332

5852a57892a93_4thJulyCroaker.JPG.6fa3b16

Sweet report!

Headed up to the Rapp soon and hope to get into some of them nice croaker as well!

Very nice Rob! That first pic the fish is about as big as him, haha!

Looks like you had a great couple of weeks with the kids ! I am sure they will be talking about it for a long time ! With some great pics like that they have bragging rights to go with the stories ! So you lost a couple of lures and some line .......a couple of bucks .......The memories you gave these kids judging from the smiles on their faces .....Priceless ! Nice Job !

Niiiice report and pics ....What did you guys hit the bass on ?

We used a carolina rig with a 3/16 oz weight. We used a 2/0 gamakutsu hook with a dark blue worm with sparkles. The little guy Logn was using a extra light action trout rod. It was awesome. Were also using a Orange/black/white torpedo when the evening set in. Both produced fish!