6 posts in this topic

I go there pretty often, but haven't had any luck catching anything big. I've only caught some small catfish and small mouth with worms. Been trying for large-mouth with some jigs but nothing. Anyone got any suggestions of certain jigs or areas to fish in? I am located in Pea-Hill creek near the dam. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you have a boat ive had the best luck fishing the docks and rock piles near the shore lines. Any fallen trees will likely produce. Try bouncing a crank bait through the rock piles in about 10ft of water.

chartreuse or silver and black. Rapala makes a good one that ive used a lot.

Thanks man, I'll give the crankbaits a try this weekend and let you all know how I do. My friend Rob (Fish_on) says that Sexy Shad is a really popular color.

Spoke to a friend of mine last night who fishes in the NC bass tournaments. He said that color works very well. He told me that if you can find the submerged stump fields that they produce a lot of fish. Just be careful he told me in one spot he saw several lower units laying on the bottom. Bumping 6" plastic worms through these ares work great too.