7 posts in this topic

I am looking for some new places to fish in Va Beach. Normally I go to Little Island or Lynhaven Pier. Looking for someplace thats not so crowded and fish are biting.

Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge south of Little Island Pier.

$5 entrance fee or $20 Duck stamp will get you on from July-July!!

I agree with Dixie....can't go wrong with Back Bay.

true that back bay is not as crowded as most places the past few times ive gone down there we've had to walk a few hundred yards to find room to set up. the past few weekends there seems to be more people fishing down there then ive seen in a while. but still, come on down!

I will try to get to Back Bay this weekend. Let me know if the are any other good spots.

Ditto on the Refuge beach :icon_thumright:

Duck stamp is 15 bucks and they had some at the Refuge gate few weeks back when I got mine. There work for access to all NWRs and are good for a year (July 1-June 30).

Plan to hit the Refuge this weekend too. The fence, first wooden walkover and spots down thru/past the second walkover are OK. Need to look at it again at low tide to discern best in that stretch. Better yet is if you have the fortitude to hike it further south 1-2 miles past 2nd walkover as the beachgets better the further south you go. I'm just to old slow out of shape and lazy to make the hike :help:

Refuge beach `bucket

SEAGULL PIER!!! ive been having really good luck there shark cobia blues flounder and black drum if you have the patience