8 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine regularly Surfs in Front of the <acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island"><acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym></acronym></acronym> parking lots. He also knows I'm a surf fishin' junkie. As soon as I got into work this a.m., he told me that Sunday, while he was Surfing out in front of the "third" parking lot...he saw a fisherman's rod bend over and about snap...and watched him eventually reel in a "huge grey shark" next to where he was surfing. He also said it kind of scared him and that everyone was interested in watching this guy reel the shark in.

I Told him I probably knew where the "culprit" would post his fish story....and wanted you guys to hear about it as well. I also assured him that there were many more large predators ready to eat him that were close in to the shoreline....

Good work...I thought is was pretty darn amusing myself....

Haha, yeah!

Check the surf reports.

It's quite possible that being that close to a parking lot that it wasn't one of "us".

Yeah...i didn't know if it was someone who walked on from the crew. Whoever it was had to know what to use (leaders, etc) to catch a large toothy one....i just figured it was one of us.:dontknow:

I've shown quite a few tourons how to rig up, maybe one got lucky, LOL!

That is funny. I love to swim in the ocean, and it seems like I forget what is in there when I do. I came close once while stationed in Florida. A guy about 15 - 20 from me got bit by a bull shark. Scared the hell out of me when I saw all that blood in the water. I was one of the guys who helped him wrap his leg. Surfers beware. If the bait is close, so are the big boys with teeth!

I learned to not paddle (the surfboard) in the white water.

I was wading (in FL) and one came straight at me. I whapped him on the head and next thing I know, I was on dry land.

Must have run on the top of the water....

Ppl are surprised to see a Chark come out of the water, sheesh...

"Wow, I didn't know there were Sharks in there!"

Duh, here's your sign...

That sounds familiar, I caught a little over a 5 footer on the beach where a surfer was right next to him on his board...he was actually thanking me for catching him and tooks a few pictures for me, ask you buddy if he remembers this picture?

shark.jpg.6d085a074e9af587ecaa44865166ec

That sounds familiar, I caught a little over a 5 footer on the beach where a surfer was right next to him on his board...he was actually thanking me for catching him and tooks a few pictures for me, ask you buddy if he remembers this picture?

I think the poster said this happened on Assateague island though. your picture that you posted doesn't look like it was taken at Assateague