66 posts in this topic

Summertime is definately here. The bigger sportfish have moved off, but there is till some great fishing to be had. Snapper blues, spot, kingfish and croakers are still in the surf. Flounder has also been caught in the surf, but not many keepers. There has been alot of large shark and rays being caught in the suds mostly at night.

Feel free to post your surf fishing adventures here. Good luck to all the anglers. Tight lines.:icon_wink:

Did a little fishing north of IRI this afternnon. Did pretty good on spot and got a few nice kings. I cut the spot up and used it for bait. Blues were tearing the spot up. No monsters, but it was pullage.

Got a 5' sandtiger and a few 4' sandbars as well. Sorry, no pics this time, my fishing partner/photographer was at a pool party.:crybaby2:

BAD BAD BAD DAY AT CHSP.dont bother going surf fishing at chsp on the weekends,people park right up your a??.all from out of state, they dont fish.they party, swim, surf, skim board etc. you cant even throw your line out.I just could not believe it. I was so p.o. park ranger dont enforce nothing. they are just kids on four wheelers.the beach is full of litter,i am just blown away.o by the way did i mention i had a bad day.it never used to be like that.I have been fishing at sites like conquest , key box and 3 rs those places have a little less congestion.:angry8:

Hey Tim don't feel bad! I had a bad day too!

Went to Savages Ditch and the beach was pretty empty so I parked my Jeep about fifty yards away from anyone. Rigged my pole walked out in the surf about up to my knees and to my surprise I feel something around my ankles. Well the idiot down the beach had a one ounce sinker attached to his line. No hook , no bait nothing but a sinker ! So I am standing in the suds with his line in my hands , arms up in the air and no one acknowledges me. So I start pulling on his line and I can see his pole bouncing around in his holder and suddenly he runs to his pole and gives it a yank! As if he is going to catch a fish on a sinker ! Idiot has the nerve to ask me if I crossed his line ! Jerk!

Hey Tim a bad in the suds is still better than a good day at work ! Fish on!

Beware!!

The dune crossing at Savages Ditch is realy soft and deep! I saw a lot of stuck trucks yesterday ! Helped one guy dig out and man was he in deep. Keep the hammer down !

went to CHSP pier saturday, caught 50+ spot/croaker ontop/bottom rigs baited with bloodworm fishbites, 2 short flounder on bucktail baited with squid, and my dad caught a surprise 37'' striper (19 1/2lb) on mullet and yes unfortunately we had to let it go:BangHead: picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=1097

also a friend from work told me he was at fenwick on friday tearing into snapper blues.....said he couldnt even bait up two poles

I had a great yesterday (Sunday) with loads of mid size blues at Fenwick Island State Park. Finger mullet on a mullet rig worked very well. My other pole equipped with a small surf rig baited with fishbites bloodworm flavor was a spot magnet and produced some nice kingfish as well. It seemed the tides and the wind were just right and made for a fun time.

Unfortunately, I also ran into folks "fake fishing" (it seems that there are more every year) that interferred with my rods. They just cast out diagonally across my lines and then left it. I wish the rangers would get rid of those people!

All in all though -- a beautiful day : )

Well DMS held thier annual beach picnic on Saturday. I was out on CHSP Pier on friday afternoon to get some spot. Slayed the spot on a Sabiki rig with fishbytes.

Got to the beach on Sat. around 8 am to help set up. After setting up, I had 1/2 hour before I had to run the meeting, so I wet a line. I got 2 nice kings on T&B rigs with cut spot.

After the meeting we had lunch and ate like kings. I go back to fishing to find lots of spot. I cut up the spot and was catching blues 2 at a time. the biggest was 17".

A.M. (Andy) and his wife pulls up and I was giving him the blues for sharkin' that night. By the way, it was good to see you again Andy and nice to meet your GF as well. She is a fishing machine.

Around 7Pm or so, enough people leave for us to soak some big baits. Andy lands a few nice rays and then the sharks moved in. I was a little under matched with only 17 lb test on the conventionals, but gave it a shot anyway. I finally got my first Sandtiger of the year. Also caught some sandbars as well.

I will post a few pics later.:icon_tongue:

One thing I forgot to mention was the casting comp for the kids. Once again this year Destiny took first place in the 12 and under div. with a cast of 180+'.

It wasn't as good as last years cast, because she forgot to tighten the drag and cut her finger pretty good. OUCHY:eusa_shifty:

Here is a pic of my first Sandbar on 17lb test.

IMG_4136-1.jpg

Here is Destiny with hers

IMG_4138-1.jpg

Here is a pic of my first Sandtiger of the year. It's not as big as Dave's, but I was happy with it. All critters were kissed, spanked on their arse and sent on thier way.

IMG_4126-1.jpg

2 1/2 weeks and I'll hopefully be scaring the Tourists on Dewey Beach :)

2 1/2 weeks and I'll hopefully be scaring the Tourists on Dewey Beach :)

It is always funny to watch the tourons call thier kids out of the water when you land a nice shark.:director:

"You caught THAT in THERE???"

(No, actually, I carried it from Florida and stuck it on my hook when I got here)

Duh, here's your sign.....

Hit the sand at DSSP for the DMS picnic. Teamed up with finaddict to try knock some kingfish out of the water. Wasn't to be for me as I only landed 1 king, a small bluefish and a small croaker. Great day on the beach otherwise. Sunday I fished <ACRONYM title="Ocean City"><ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM></ACRONYM> inlet, looked like the bluefish were playing around but didn't hook any. Headed over to <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island"><ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM></ACRONYM> around 9 for some clams and mussles. Did pretty good on that end with 3 of us getting a 250 each, then headed over to the back of <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island"><ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM></ACRONYM> for some mussles. Over all a pretty good weekend.

Good fishin Morty but you left a little early, sorry but I think mine is bigger. Here's a few others from that night. Don't mind the crack but I wasn't about to free up a hand at that point to reposition my pants.

m_0ed88ac1664b4c16b1d58ddb2ab20a0f.jpg.a

m_4d1ba925162c4f9f9d0167be9dce3dc5.jpg.9

l_db5673c67a924249aa5171064abbb0e6.jpg.4

m_ce62fe354ae242f8a90f8526c9050b51.jpg.d

m_229e93b5be86403f990c013c7716e311.jpg.e

Forgot to mention the big ray that broke my pole and took up over an hour of time before finally snapping my line. It had about a six foot tail that was a good 3" diameter at the base. Friday night produced a nice sandbar at 3rs. Also had a spinner on, at least I think since it cleared the water as soon as it was hooked. It then jumped again just past the break and this time it threw the hook. Also caught about 15 or so flounder at the inlet on Fri. afternoon with the biggest falling a half inch shy of legal, mixed in a small sea bass and small blue while floundering.

Good to wet a line with you once again AM. Also nice to meet the better half. Yep, looks like I left to early. Destiny had a long day and wanted to leave about 1am. Glad you got some more pullage. I hope the bait helped:icon_wink:

Derrick, let me know when you are headed down again.:icon_pidu:

Well with me being "Shark bit", I headed out for round 2 with Destiny this afternoon. I remembered everything, except for BAIT. How could I forget the bait:angry5:.

Well with Destiny with me, I new she would get some for me.:icon_wink:

I set her up with a T&B rig and BWFB, well it didn't take long. She was getting spot one right after another. Knowing the sharks like king, I cut up a spot and set out another rod for the. Again it didn't take long, Destiny was stinging the kings.

I put on a king and it was on, but broke the line at the shock knot. 17# test is not the best to be using. Well I went 0-6 and switched over to 50#PP and finally started to land some fish. Lost a huge ray in the surf that would rival your AM. Broke the 50#PP. He has enough so headed home.

Here is a few pics.

HPIM1440-1.jpg

HPIM1439-1.jpg

HPIM1446-1.jpg

HPIM1447-1.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did get a trout in the surf. I thought these things were extinct or something

HPIM1443-1.jpg

Nice work Fin, a trout, I havn't had one of those in years. Nice sharks, glad to hear Destiny was awake enough to get in on the action this time, way to go!

Derrick, let me know when you are headed down again.:icon_pidu:

Will do Morty. Great time again even though the fish seemed to miss my hooks. lol

Looks like I should have skipped heading down to OC.

Will do Morty. Great time again even though the fish seemed to miss my hooks. lol

Looks like I should have skipped heading down to <ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM>.

Shoulda stuck around. Destiny and I had a great time with Andy and his GF Cassey. We'll do it again, I'm sure.:happy7: