8 posts in this topic

...launching from Sandy Pt, early :mrgreen: taking 2 guys from my work, both are kinda' green when it comes to saltwater. going to drag some baits all day and see whats left in the bay :wink:

then next weekend Barb and I will be in OC todo some fishing on AI. will keep you posted.

Catch 'em up Randy! That's a good plan there taking out greenies...you may get some beginner's luck!

Be safe, and gimme a holler when you come down next weekend.

Catch 'em up Randy! That's a good plan there taking out greenies...you may get some beginner's luck!

Be safe, and gimme a holler when you come down next weekend.

Thanks Guys :mrgreen: I hope your right 8)

Bob, can-do :!:

Good luck Sat. :D We will be down next week as well.Looking foreward to a long weekend of rest and relaxation.

No Joy....

got a late start as one of the newbie's was @30mins late. got on the water @7:30 am, got 3 lines in the water just south of the bridge. got 2 more rods in the water and trolled down to Bloody Pt, water looked good plenty of bait fish on the f/f. hooked-up on 2 but the "boots" didn't react quick enuff, this all happened @10:30. then things went from bad to worse :cry: @11:30 the winds statred blowing from the west at @15 to 20 and as I was rigging-up some different lures, I let one of the "boots" drive, well he was heading north just south of BP light when we hooked-up on 3 rods at once, yup 3 crab pots :x we were trolling in 30' of water but now we were in 17' and snagged :evil: we saved 2 and as we were going for the 3rd, 9 sailboats came bearing down on us from Annapolis(some kinda regatta :roll: ). so I said %$#@ this and cut the line :roll: well then we went up to Kent Narrows to get some lunch and and after that we were going to drag some baits around Love pt. we made the turn outta the Narrows and bow first into a 2/3 ft chop and 20mph winds :( 30mins later we got to Love Pt but ther was no way to fish the bar wth the waves, wind and 2 boots :shock: so we made the turn south back to Sandy Pt and what a pounding we took, 35 mins later we pulled in behind Sandy Pt light, read a ton of bait and some larger blips(stripers for-sure) and started to drift Bass Assians and Gulp Shads, still no takers :? guess when that front moved in, it drove the fisn down and they would not eat. boat traffic was very light all day, except for the blow-boats :wink:

Im read for a nice rest, we will be at AI this weekend end "wth pole in hand & feet in the sand" quotin' Steve Steve :mrgreen:

Man, I have had days like that. Boats are a lot of work when things don't go just right. Come on out and sit on the sand with us a spell. It heals wounds better than time. :-)

you said it brother :lol:

ne-way, Barb and I will be in OC @5:30/6:00pm on saturday(I have to work 8am to 3pm :( ). we are staying in town at my in-laws, so we'll have to check-in there first. not sure if we're gonna' try and hit then beach saturday night or wait till sunday :? I'm open to suggestions and whatever is easier for you guys :mrgreen: