31 posts in this topic

Ok my last attempt was a no go, but this time i've cleared, double and triple, and quadruple checked - so help me if I don't get down this time. :censored: :mrgreen:

I WILL be down in OC with the family - getting there by Saturday night and leaving sometime Wednesday. Same deal as before - can't spend the whole time fishing, but will plan the family time around any fishing arrangements I can make.

Anyone wanna help me in my quest for my first surf striper????? Could use the expertise here in picking out a good spot as well as some company and a witness in case I actually get one :shock:

Can't wait!!!!

Good Luck Steve :up:

gonna' be a crowd down at the beach this weekend, tons of "motorheads" :lol:

watch-out for ALL the tire smoke 8)

ahhhh, I love the smell of race fuel, in the morning :!:

ummmmm....what's going on this weekend? (obviously i'm not a motor head ;) ) If theres some event down there I guess its good I'm not getting there till sat. night and staying into the week...

it's the spring car cruise, going to be a ton of hot rods, race cars and street cars doing burnouts, street racing and other crazy stuff 8)

be cool the cops will be watching closely :wink:

Yikes - will they be leaving Sunday? (I like my peace and quiet)

Actually perhaps that can work to my advantage? "Honey - we need to get away from these noisy cars all over OC and spend some time on AI")

Yikes - will they be leaving Sunday? (I like my peace and quiet)

Actually perhaps that can work to my advantage? "Honey - we need to get away from these noisy cars all over OC and spend some time on AI")

:lol: you got-it, AI should be alot quiter then being around costal highway :wink:

just make sure you wear your seat belts, don't speed and dont run any red lights :mrgreen:

Good Luck Bro' :up:

Just googled it - OY - i've got the worst luck picking times down there - last spring I went down during senior week :(

Anyway, It'll be a loud Sat night and a crowded Sunday - but I imagine the town should get back to normal by Sunday night yes? (I hope)...

I'm staying positive :mrgreen: 'least I'll be down there and fishin!

Just googled it - OY - i've got the worst luck picking times down there - last spring I went down during senior week :(

Anyway, It'll be a loud Sat night and a crowded Sunday - but I imagine the town should get back to normal by Sunday night yes? (I hope)...

I'm staying positive :mrgreen: 'least I'll be down there and fishin!

:lol: yeah, most should be pullin' out by noon on sunday 8)

Steve, I may try to head out Monday, but that still is in question,,,may have to work,,,I probably wont know until sunday.

Steve by late Sunday after noon most of the cars will be leaving town so it will not be that bad Saturday and night you will have a lot of cars up and down the road you get used to it so don't worry about it. Just enjoy your time with the kids and if things get to crazy stop in for a beer first one is on me. About fishing that I will have to get back to you on.

Ok - my internet access after Saturday afternoon will be limited if I have any at all (have none in OC unless I use the neighbors). So if you think you might be able to fish send me knnow with a post or PM and I'll give you my Cell phone number. Hope to meet up with one of you guys in the next few days.

Till then I'll be packing my gear and counting the hours. As Randy says "Tic tic tic...." :mrgreen:

Steve,

The weather's not looking great for Sunday, but, I'd be happy to take you out on one of the boats, most likely bay fishin for flounder on sunday if you'd like. Gimme a call: 410.213.0020

Bohica - sounds good. I mentioned the idea to my wife and did NOT get "the look" :) I'll give you a call later today to see what's up.

Tic Tic Tic....

Ok, sounds good. Conditions were horrible in the bay today, dirty water, wind from the south. I'm gonna try some striper fishing up by the bridge tonight. I'll be here until 7:30.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Bob

OK - i'm here! You know, Randy the cruisin thing is a bit annoying but not nearly as bad as I had pictured it.

Bohica -Looking forward to the bay fishing tomorrow :) Thanks for the invite! Hope the water is better and we have a positive report to share...(my wife is also hoping for some flounder for dinner ;) )

Still need to work out plans for AI. Anyone headed to the surf this week call my cell 610.295.2884. All these posts of nice stripers have got me hopeful - not to mention a night on AI (of course with better weather than the spring fling) could do my soul some good....

Oh -and Dave - I'm hoping to stop by "the official watering hole of DMF.com" some time during my stay - you have high chairs in that place? :lol:

I think i'll be up all night - can't sleep I'm so excited!!!!!

I think I have a boaster seat would have to check about the high chair. But look forward to see ya again. MY sch. is Sunday day, Monday, Tuesday night and Wednesday day. Thursday and Friday fishing :)

ok - Dave - we'll stop in some time this week - got your place and crab alley on the "must do" for eats. Since you're there every day i'm sure we'll find ya :)

Probably going to do a little fishing on assateague tomorrow morning- jnot a "serious trip" - just while the kids and wife play on the island so its likely won't be there for long. Monday or Tuesday night will be more likely a serious trip.

Went out with Bohica today (thanks Bob!) - got a few sea bass and Bobs wife showed us up with a nice keeper flounder. A beatufiful day even if it got a little windy by the afternoon.

Good report! Glad you got some action.

Steve,

Nice job on catchin em up, and it was a pleasure to have you out on the water, even though we got chased off the grounds by the wind. Have a great vacation!

If you get a chance, please email that pic of my wife with her flattie. redasys@rcn.com

Thanks,

-b

8) Good Job Guys :up:

atleast someone got some "pullage" this weekend, I got zippo :oops:

Bob - I'll definitely send you a copy of that pic. Unfortunately, I will have to wait till I get home wednesday night since I don't have a card reader with me (camera uses compact flash and I have no other USB cables, etc for it down here). So look for it wednesday night / thursday morning (PM me if I forget)

Ok - won't bother posting this on the "fishing reports" but just a summary: Went out two more times in back of the condo (north OC surf). Results?

Skates: 7

Doggies: 1

Stripers: BIG FAT 0

So it looks like a Striper Quest Take 3 is in order - The last of the spring I suppose in Avalon NJ 2 weeks from now :) If no luck, I'll try #4 in the fall - all about the time you put in I suppose eh? I DID have a wonderful time with the family and got to see some members of the board, which is always a plus :v:

You "locals" don't realize how luck you are! Here are some pics of the trip - counting the days till the next time...

wed_sunrise_188.jpg.e710e8cf55825aaa5774

tuesday_sunrise_173.jpg.cd784ddc2b9dbb7c

ai_monday_497.jpg.72ec665cca95c48bf2a855

hey Steve looks like you atleast had a good-time 8)

1 :?: , in that last pic, are you standing inna' hole :?: :wink: :mrgreen: