3 posts in this topic

The 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney started with a small bull and the curse of the nurse for most teams, but it picked up by a unique catch from a female junior angler with an immense ray, although not a shark it was without a doubt an amazing catch by a junior angler.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Several tiger sharks have been caught, tagged, and released and several nice lemons have also been caught tagged and released, this includes a nice sized lemon caught by team Black Bart, they released the tagged shark which appears to have mating bite marks (very common this time of year), the shark was then caught by Team Old School whom removed the tag and placed another one in it’s place. This goes to prove that the sharks are released very healthy and that land based catch and release really works. <o:p></o:p>

Here are some pics:<o:p></o:p>

The small bull that started the tourney<o:p></o:p>

_beach-shark-fishing-001_.jpg.d6e5e97f75<o:p></o:p>

The ray<o:p></o:p>

_beach-shark-fishing-002_.jpg.9669624c53<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>Team Rip The Lips with one of the nice tigers<o:p></o:p>

_beach-shark-fishing-004_.jpg.cacb5916c3<o:p></o:p>

Team Black Bart with the Lemon<o:p></o:p>

_beach-shark-fishing-005_.JPG.762c653c13<o:p></o:p>

Team Old School recapturing the same shark <o:p></o:p>

_beach-shark-fishing-006_.JPG.78e3701805

_beach-shark-fishing-007_.jpg.fa00a2da36

Awesome catches! That is some serious pullage. :icon_pray:

Sure is, hey Sam this is a multi state tourney, so I don't know if you want to leave these reports here or you can just move it to where it is appropriate.

Here is my weekend fishing in <st1:place w:st="on">South Florida</st1:place> report: after not getting a single bite the first time I went out and we tried it again, we put the baits out, we got one hit and one hit only but it produced a nice lemon. It was not the biggest lemon, but a nice one. As you can see on the pics she had been mating, she did not fight much at hook up so I thought it was a nurse shark, but then she peeled some line and felt her power but on the 14/0 it was just crank, crank until she felt the sand and all hell broke loose. My drag was hammered to the max and having no one behind me to hold me down, she took a surprisingly fast run back to the ocean and pulled me in the air making me fall forward and making me eat some sand LOL. ALL in all it was alot of fun until the noseeums came out in full cloud forces. Thanks Mark, family, and friends, it was great fun fishing next to you.

All was ok

100_5778_small-1.jpg

I thought she was under control when then by surprise,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BAAAAAMMM! I eat the sand, look at the line in the sand, that's from my rod,LOL

100_5779_small-1.jpg

Brad and Mark helping with the landing

100_5781_small-1.jpg

The overall length of the shark, it was 8'6" but a very chunky one. If I would have gone over the hump and lowered her tail maybe a few inches more.

100_5784_small-1.jpg

Brad and I pulling her back in the water to release her (notice the tag we placed on her top side)

100_5791_small-1.jpg

Brad reviving her, very carefully he helped her regaining her strength, great job dude...

100_5794_small-1.jpg